Mapex Saturn walnut/birch!

PreludetoRuin

Hi guys, been lurking on the forum for quite a while and finally decided to join. Love how informative and civilized this place is!

Anyway, wanted to show off my babies. Mapex Saturn special edition walnut/birch supernova red burst, hope to see many comments!

Attachments

• bateria 1.jpg
    bateria 1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4,667
  • bateria 2.jpg
    bateria 2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,441
  • bateria 3.jpg
    bateria 3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,313
  • bateria 4.jpg
    bateria 4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,311
  • bateria 5.jpg
    bateria 5.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2,552
  • bateria 6.jpg
    bateria 6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,410
Beautiful kit! I've got a saturn myself and they really can't be beat! Love the finish on your one though! Nice cymbal selection aswell! Could you post some kit specs (drum/cymbal sizes, hardware etc) please?

Cheers,

Ant :)

Sure man, no problem

Specs:

Mapex Saturn walnut/birch in supernova red burst

diameter x depth

22x20
10x8
12x9
14x12
16x14

14x6 Black panther thick flamed maple
10x5.5 Black panther steel

Cymbals

7" radia cup chime
8" radia cup chime (on its way)
9" radia cup chime
9" radia nano hats
13" hhx evolution hats
18" hhx studio crash
18" hhx china
19" hhxtreme crash
20" hhx china
21" hhx groove ride

Nice another Saturn and HHX player.. not much on sparkle finishes, but that is nice.. great looking kit....

Really nice looking kit man. Just out of curiosity what sort of music are you into? Looks like a pretty funk/fusion orientated setup.

To answer questions:

I play kinda like a prog/alt rock, in the vein of porcupine tree, oceansize, etc. I guess the fusiony kind of setup comes from my influences jeje.

About the radia cup chimes, i freaking love them. They are nos one dimensional like zilbels, and the sustain is not as annoying as many of the larger bells of other manufacturers. Love them!

I played one of these kits and it sounded incredible. Something about that inner Walnut ply that really brings out a fantastic tone.

I absolutely LOVE everything about your kit.

The set up, the cymbals and THE FRIGGIN SPARKLE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! One of THE best sparkles I have seen.

Congrats on a real beauty!

Thx for the kind words guys, I appreciate it!

Regarding the cymbals, ive gone through a lot of them trying to find the right sound, and I think found it this setup!

This is a video live taken with a shitty camara. Original song from my band. Excuse a couple of mistakes here and there hehe. (Also, there was real problem with the house lights, but we care about the sound, right?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjGEouMi9ak

Small update guys

8" radia cup chime arrived (yey, full set!)
Coated emperors on all toms

Attachments

• P4280814.jpg
    P4280814.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,980
  • P4280815.jpg
    P4280815.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,984
  • P4280816.jpg
    P4280816.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,189
WOW. That is a sexy kit.

that selection of pies must of cost you quite a bit, but it definitely looks worth it.

killer finish! all around hella cool kit my friend.

and if I'm not mistaken, It looks like you only use three stands for all your toms/cymbals. Very efficient.

Thank you for sharing.

-Jonathan

Lovely kit there. That walnut/birch hybrid must just thunder!

I know this is an old thread, but that kit is awesome. Mapex Saturn and Sabian, just the way I like it. Peace and goodwill.

Back