Baseball thread

Red Sox vs. The Rays Sox in a tough 7 game series. Experience wins it.

Red Sox vs. The Rays, Sox in a tough 7 game series. Experience wins it.
TOUGH series!! DAMN!! I was hoping the Rays would be knocked out in Round 1!! Amazing season they've had! (My wife says they're ALL on Steroids!!) L0L!

No such luck. I'll wager it'll go the full 7 games too, there will be no free ride here.

Kind of a shame that NONE of the Chicago teams passed to the LCS.

If we break the Rays, I'm thinking it'll be the Red Sox vs Manny Ramirez, Francona vs Torre. That TOO will be very interesting should it come to pass.

Only time will tell.

GO SOX!!

I can't believe the two best teams in baseball are out, the Angels and Cubs. First round too!
I don't see the Angels as being one of the best teams in baseball. They ARE a great team, but I think they are not as good as their numbers suggest.

If they were in the AL east they would NOT look so good, it's their division that makes them look so good on paper. Their division is the WEAKEST division in baseball, and they're an above average team. Basically the big fishes in the small pond.

Do you really see them being so dominant in the AL east against the Rays, Yankees, Jays not to mention the Red Sox??

No way to prove it, but I really believe in this assessment of the Angels.

I usually don't care at all for teams outside of Texas, but my heart sunk when the Cubs lost. I can just imagine the high hopes those fans had this year. And then for their beloved team to go out in the first round. Ouch.

But I'm really rooting for the Rays. They've gone from being the worst team in the league last year to probably winning the whole thing this year.

I don't see the Angels as being one of the best teams in baseball. They ARE a great team, but I think they are not as good as their numbers suggest.

If they were in the AL east they would NOT look so good, it's their division that makes them look so good on paper. Their division is the WEAKEST division in baseball, and they're an above average team. Basically the big fishes in the small pond.

Do you really see them being so dominant in the AL east against the Rays, Yankees, Jays not to mention the Red Sox??

No way to prove it, but I really believe in this assessment of the Angels.

True, but the Cubs came in with 97 wins and the Angels has 100 wins or so, which was the best record in the league, right?

Thats what I was told, at least.

I usually don't care at all for teams outside of Texas, but my heart sunk when the Cubs lost. I can just imagine the high hopes those fans had this year. And then for their beloved team to go out in the first round. Ouch.

But I'm really rooting for the Rays. They've gone from being the worst team in the league last year to probably winning the whole thing this year.

Yeah, alot of my friends are Cubs fans and their hearts were broken, too.
"Theres always next year" they all say, still.

True, but the Cubs came in with 97 wins and the Angels has 100 wins or so, which was the best record in the league, right?

That's what I was told, at least.
Oh yeah, the best RECORD, but not one of the best teams because of it. They got that record beating up on the AL west teams which really sucked this year.

I'm just saying they're not as good as that record would lead you to believe.

Allright so I haven't been on today and I'm a little late but I now have an official man crush on Jed Lowrie...
For teh saaawx, as said before tough series coming up with the Rays, gonna be entertaining for all of baseball, I am excited.

Allright so I haven't been on today and I'm a little late but I now have an official man crush on Jed Lowrie...
For teh saaawx, as said before tough series coming up with the Rays, gonna be entertaining for all of baseball, I am excited.
Yeah, and how about Jason Bay??? He's been a BIG factor in the post season for the Red Sox.

The Angels gave me indigestion, the Rays are gonna give me a heart attack!!! This is gonna be a TOUGH series man!!

Let's hope the planets line up for the Red Sox!

This is one time I DON'T wanna hear MORE COWBELL!!

Yeah, and how about Jason Bay??? He's been a BIG factor in the post season for the Red Sox.

The Angels gave me indigestion, the Rays are gonna give me a heart attack!!! This is gonna be a TOUGH series man!!

Two homers, would be three without the ball going into teh stands, and a series winning run...Yeah, I think we'll take that...And how about Johhnay Lestahh with the 22 ining streak of shutout postseason baseball?

Two dongs, almost three without the hop in the stands, and a series winning run? Pretty damn solid. And how about Lestahh 22 inning postseason shutout streak?

Two dongs, almost three without the hop in the stands, and a series winning run? Pretty damn solid. And how about Lestahh 22 inning postseason shutout streak?
Ya know, I've always been a Lester fan, (I still got two #62 shirts, and I'm still wearing the #62 Striking Out Cancer wristband) but MAN, has HE stepped UP!!!
I had NO idea he was gonna be THIS good!!

Well, thank goodness, the LA Dodgers lost today, and the Red Sox won game one of the ALCS!!

VERY difficult game!! There was nothing easy about the game!! Dice-K stepperd it up though, for sure, nice job!!

Most disturbing.

The Rays have managed to get 2 wins to the Red Sox' ONE!! I'm quite upset about all the men left on base!!

Becket AND Lester were not NEARLY on their games.

I'm very depressed as I hoped Lester would be a shoe-in for a win as was NOT the case.

I also figured out why BJ Upton hits for such power, HE'S THE SUPER HERO FROZONE FROM THE INCREDIBLES!!!!!!

3gcklhx9.jpg
. .
SuperIce.jpg

BJ Upton. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Frozone

It's either humor, or I'll have a nervous breakdown!!

Most disturbing.

The Rays have managed to get 2 wins to the Red Sox' ONE!! I'm quite upset about all the men left on base!!

Becket AND Lester were not NEARLY on their games.

I'm very depressed as I hoped Lester would be a shoe-in for a win as was NOT the case.

I also figured out why BJ Upton hits for such power, HE'S THE SUPER HERO FROZONE FROM THE INCREDIBLES!!!!!!

3gcklhx9.jpg
. .
SuperIce.jpg

BJ Upton. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Frozone

It's either humor, or I'll have a nervous breakdown!!

Insanely disturbing, like I shut off the drums after the seventh, and played until now without even checking the score...Again, that or I'll have a nervous breakdown.
I think B.J.'s power came from the becket grooved fastball and Lester's in the same spot. And did you see the pitch to Longoria from Beckss...ohhh lordy 85 mph and right down the middle, I play small high school ball and I maybe coulda taken that yard..

Gotta love my Rays. I'm not getting excited yet but love what's happening. I'll wait until it's over and then jump up and down. "No expectations, No Disappointments."

Last edited:
Gotta love my Rays. I'm not getting excited yet but love what's happening. I'll wait until it's over and then jump up and down. "No expectations, No Disappointments."

I was very impressed with that 9-1 win.

Even though I'm a die-hard White Sox fan, lets go Rays!

Red Sox have been there, done that. The Rays haven't even been into the World Series yet! (Although, I really want to see the Cubs win the World Series though)

Back