DW Replacement Part Help!

kevdrummer28

I picked up a DW 2000 pedal today from GC. The one of the plastic prongs that stick up to hold the drum key in under the footboard was broken, and the piece was loose in the box. It looks like this part is easily interchanged, BUT, does anyone know where I could buy this part online?

Thanks for any help

DW does not list any part replacement schematics on their website for the 2000 series but they do have a replacement key for the auxiliary pedal on the 7000 series that may work for your 2000 pedal. You can view the schematic here.

I believe you can contact DW directly to order the replacement part, (part number DWSP1000).

Hope it works out for you...

If you just bought it, you should be able to go straight back to GC and either swap out the pedal for another or have a staffer there pull the part of a new pedal so you don't have to wait.

You shouldn't really except getting a pedal new from a store that has something wrong with it.

As long as they're not jerks there at the GC, they'll hook you up.

Thanks, part SP1000 is exactly it. I'm going to call the GC I went to & see if they'd be okay with swapping another pedal. The thing is, the trip up there is kinda long. So it's a possibility. But I'm just going to wait. The part is 10$ off DW's site. I don't really mind buying it. But I'm def going to try to get it free, or another pedal from GC first.

Thanks for the help

You SHOULD get it for free. It was broken during shipping and wasn't your fault.
Why should you pay $10 for a part (and shipping on top of it)?
GC should just swap the pedal anyway.
Too bad it's a long drive.

Turns out I had to make a trip to GC again. So I just swapped out the pedal, no prob. Thankfully there was ONE left haha. I LOVE it so far. I've already sat down & practiced songs bass drum only, and it feels great.

Thanks for the help guys

Back