Billy Ward here!

For those of you who think I'm highly intelligent, do you see the water spill on my shirt? That was from removing my glasses while holding a bottle of water.
(the ol' "what time is it?" trick! Bwa ha ha ha!!!!

That's OK Billy, we still love you. It was pretty funny in person though. :)

Dominick

Billy

Wonderful job at MD Fest...SO musical and energetic..superb drumming, my man.

All the Best, see you at PASIC.

Thanks Pat! I'm looking forward to the next time I get to hear you play too! I'm sorry we didn't speak at the fest - I SAW you, but there were way too many people and things taking my attention! thanks-

And Trippy-Mac, Thanks. What the heck, it WAS funny. It is helpful to know you are an idiot. i KNOW I'm one, so when things like that happen I can simply laugh!

Koo...

Well, my group, Groovallegiance, with Gary Grainger, Chieli Minucci and Scott Brown are playing at The Collective this Thursday at 7..Its like a master class/performance...If you could make it, would be great..

Again, great job, and see you soon!

Koo...

Well, my group, Groovallegiance, with Gary Grainger, Chieli Minucci and Scott Brown are playing at The Collective this Thursday at 7..Its like a master class/performance...If you could make it, would be great..

Again, great job, and see you soon!

Hey Pat! Say hi to Chieli for me. it's been a while since I've seen that crazy Italian - he's a great guy!

I'm going to Nashville tomorrow for a week working on a record at Ocean Way - a really fun record with an artist named Chris Shinn.

Have a great time!

i dont know how to say it, but your playing touches people who even dont play drums.
my girlfriend said that you are the "best" drummer she saw on my tv screen, she likes to watch these drumming dvds with me, crazy right.
and she said that she likes you the most, because of your feel.
i guess thats we would like to hear, inspiring people who are not playing any instrument.

great playing bill!

best wishes
stefan

From time to time, I am planning to have guest drummers sit in on my forum. Earlier, we had Doane Perry from Jethro Tull and now... Mr. Johnny Rabb. If you want to visit or ask him a question you can find him here: http://billyward.yuku.com/forums/13
- sign in and ask him anything you want!
I think he's had a very interesting career so far - he's a great guy and drummer!
thanks,
-Billy

Happy Holidays - now DOWNLOAD!!!

Hey folks,

I have two “Christmas presents” available at my website starting sometime tomorrow, December 24th (and onward):

One is the audio from my Trio’s final day of rehearsal for the MD Drum Fest. It comprises of 8 songs, recorded simply but accurately through two mics.
The other is a video download of some of the songs from our long set at The Cutting Room in New York City, taped two days before our Festival appearance.

Each of these two downloads displays a lot of what I am doing when I play this music than perhaps anything else that’s ever been out there in public!

I am very excited about these two releases and hope you check them out. They are available as “pay what you want” downloads (ala Radiohead).

I also posted something like this in the general area, so mods, please delete if there is anything inappropriate.

There will be a link on my home page, but right now, you can view it here: http://www.billyward.com/index_trio.html

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!
-Billy

Going bump in the New Year! since this was released over the Holidays, I want to make sure you each have an opportunity to get this stuff!

Hah hah hah say hi to Ozzy for me :p
I don't get it, this is *DRUMMER*world! why do these people keep confusing you with Bill Ward :p
Your drumming in "Voices in My Head" is superb. It's great to see you here man, keep up the great work.
By the way, I'm mostly a Rock and Funk drummer with a little Progressive in there, but I've always liked Jazz, could never get the pocket thing though, which is essential for that Jazz feel, do you have any tips for developing a feel for Jazz? I'm currently studying Ted Reed's Progressive Steps to Syncopation, but not sure how I can play it to deleop a better groove at jazz which is what I'm looking for. Well, hope you get what I'm trying to ask here!
Thanks in advance.

Fox.

Hey Fox,

Well, Voice in my Head was made for you then! take those two rudiments and work them - and work on the triplety stuff S L O W. It'll come and then you'll have some unique sex inside your rockin!

Hah hah hah say hi to Ozzy for me :p
I don't get it, this is *DRUMMER*world! why do these people keep confusing you with Bill Ward :p
Your drumming in "Voices in My Head" is superb. It's great to see you here man, keep up the great work.
By the way, I'm mostly a Rock and Funk drummer with a little Progressive in there, but I've always liked Jazz, could never get the pocket thing though, which is essential for that Jazz feel, do you have any tips for developing a feel for Jazz? I'm currently studying Ted Reed's Progressive Steps to Syncopation, but not sure how I can play it to deleop a better groove at jazz which is what I'm looking for. Well, hope you get what I'm trying to ask here!
Thanks in advance.

Fox.
Sorry, my bad. BTW, are you saying Bill Ward isn't a drummer? Cos if you are I suggest you listen to some early Black Sabbath recordings...

Back