Practice pad shopping.

Never heard of that putty looks well.. interesting.
I personally prefer the real feel pads. they are only like 6 bucks more than your planned spending, but honestly when it comes to something like a practice pad (which i feel is a pretty important practice tool) i dont think you should skimp too much. I would definately push that budget a bit, but i havent shopped for a pad in a while so i dunno if there are some good cheap ones. just my 2

Never heard of that putty looks well.. interesting.
I personally prefer the real feel pads. they are only like 6 bucks more than your planned spending, but honestly when it comes to something like a practice pad (which i feel is a pretty important practice tool) i dont think you should skimp too much. I would definately push that budget a bit, but i havent shopped for a pad in a while so i dunno if there are some good cheap ones. just my 2

You don't have to convince me to push my budget when it comes to drums *lol*.
I will definitely take a look at your real feel pad, would anyone recommend shopping for these like you would a drum set and trying them all at a store? 1 problem I don't know if they have pads on display in a store. Anyway I have played my friends remo pad, it was a cheap plastic pad and I hated it, I think it's their lowest model, there was nearly no rebound though, any other suggestions?

I forgot to mention, it needs to be pretty quiet too.

I second the Evans HQ Real Feel pad. I have one and it's amazing!

The Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Stockpad is perfect! I designed it as the first drumpad with thinner rubber than the other guys (now many have attempted to copy) so it feels great and lets you hear your sticks better. The more high pitch resonance you hear from your sticks on the pad the looser your hands are. Also there are no rattling snare beads which hide imperfections in your playing.

I'm just gonna go ahead and grab a Remo putty pad, but I would still like more recommendations because maybe I'll buy a second pad if I don't like the putty.

I'm just gonna go ahead and grab a Remo putty pad, but I would still like more recommendations because maybe I'll buy a second pad if I don't like the putty.

Right on i would like to hear how that stuff works out for you. and as for the trying out pads in the store, my local music store let me try it before i bought it, and any other music store more than likely will too. would make sense to me.

HQ drum pad is definitely my fave.

There's also a new HQ pad that is called Eco-pad.
made from recycle material with beads on the bottom so you can here your strokes.

I'm quite interested in that and may purchase one

another RealFeel recommendation. Mine's 15 years old. Still in great shape. Might not be the cheapest but very well built and a great tool.

I think I would find the puddy prac. pad annoying. You always need a hard flat surface to roll it out. Ah ah! not for me. I like the idea of plopping my prac. pad anywhere anytime I want to practice. It just doesn't seem viable to me.
I have the type you can screw into a cymbal stand which gives you the option of different heights, you can sit or stand. 8" surface. I love it.

I got my remo putty pad in the mail and I like it, but I would rather have an actual pad. That said the putty is good for traveling and the rebound of it is very nice, I just find that it's not as quiet as I wanted it to be and it doesn't cover a big enough surface. I would invest in one because it is great for traveling, but I will also be buying an additional pad for times when I am at home or on long vacations. Overall a good buy, it's pretty cheap too, like $15 including shipping.

With pads, you get what you pay for, generally..If you are committed to getting a great pad for life, I would suggest the Ludwig P4 by Pat Petrillo. Blows other regular pads away because of it's versatility and "fun" factor.

I have the original version, and it's the best..multiple surfaces and levels.

You can get it it in stores now, I think..

Back