Blue Heads

Zickos

Gold Member
Are there any other blue heads out there except Evans blue hydraulic?

Hmm, some kind if blue ink or dye applied to the interior side of a clear head, perhaps?

Evans doesn't have any, neither does Remo or Aquarian. You'll have to go on a little treasure hunt on the internet.

Evans still sells blue hydraulic heads. Peace and goodwill.

In this case though, the hydraulic blue has that oil in between the plies which makes for a very dead head. Is it the sound you're looking for or do you just want something blue? It would probably look cool on a blue vistalite kit and even then, an oil filled head might work in that instance to warm up those acrylic drums.

The question of the thread was does anyone make a blue head other than the hydraulics, guys. So, yes, Swexx appears correct. Sickos, you could try contacting Remo or Evans and see if they can do anything for you.

The question of the thread was does anyone make a blue head other than the hydraulics, guys. So, yes, Swexx appears correct. Sickos, you could try contacting Remo or Evans and see if they can do anything for you.

Well he was almost right since he said that Evans doesnt have any, but moving along.

I have and can get Evans Hydraulic. I'm looking for something more alive. Any ideas? I like the comment about contacting Evans or Remo but how does one go about doing so? BTW, Soupy, it's Zickos but Sickos works too in a weird way

It would probably look cool on a blue vistalite kit and even then, an oil filled head might work in that instance to warm up those acrylic drums.
Yeah, they do warm up the sound. I ran Pinstripe on my Vistalite's. Evans red heads came stock, on Zickos drums, back when I first bought mine. I don't recall blue heads, back in the 70's.​

Evans....Give Us A Call
631-439-3300
Available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm EST

Remo....Remo Inc.
28101 Industry Drive
Valencia, CA 91355
Tel: 661-294-5600

Yeah, they do warm up the sound. I ran Pinstripe on my Vistalite's. Evans red heads came stock, on Zickos drums, back when I first bought mine. I don't recall blue heads, back in the 70's.​

See Avatar! Original equipment 1973.

See Avatar! Original equipment 1973.
Cool. I learn something every day. It was probably 1970, when Zickos had a drum showcase/demo, at my local drum shop. They had 3 kits. Different configurations. One kit was a double bass. Never saw the blue heads in California.​
Several years later, I was able to buy a 22, 14, 14, 18 Zickos kit. For $250. What a sweet deal that was.​

Unsure if this helps.....Gunze Sangyo make a clear blue acrylic paint that can be applied by airbrush to drumheads. The hue is very similar to that in the avatar.

Excactly.

I know about the blue hydraulics, but the question was if there are any blue heads except the hydraulics - and my answer to that was no, I'm not aware of any blue heads except the blue hydraulics.

Cheers

Excactly.

I know about the blue hydraulics, but the question was if there are any blue heads except the hydraulics - and my answer to that was no, I'm not aware of any blue heads except the blue hydraulics.

Cheers

Yeah, I figured that's what you were getting at after I sat on it for a while. Why do you need blue heads? I think the guys at vintage logos.com might be able to help since they can make special bass front Reso heads. Probably cost a lot though.

I have and can get Evans Hydraulic. I'm looking for something more alive. Any ideas? I like the comment about contacting Evans or Remo but how does one go about doing so? BTW, Soupy, it's Zickos but Sickos works too in a weird way

Hah, sorry, iPhone auto-correct at work. Usually I notice when it does that.

I agree with Bo.

Anything is possible these days. Manufacturers can make it happen for the right price.

However you have to be ready to open the wallet big time.

If the question is - are there any blue heads available? I've seen drums made of cheese so I think the answer is yes.

Are they any in general distribution that won't cost as much as a cheap import car (and that are not Evans Hydraulics)?

No

I'm sure you could convince Remo to make you a blue clear Ambassador with pink dots that say "BOB DYLAN" on the top, but it'll cost you. A lot.

Back