Zildjian Dip Stick Review

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
About 2 weeks ago I bought two pair of Zildjian 7A Dip sticks with round wood tips.
I am far from a heavy hitter, and these sticks did not hold up. Both tips have flat spots on them so they are almost useless since the round tips are small to start with. My high hat sits low compared to some, so I am not really carving out the sticks on the side of the hats.
My main reason for buying them was to test their grip product compared to my Plasti-Dip product used before. Both of the first pair are about to splinter and become weapons. For a pair of sticks to last me only two weeks is bad. I will use the second pair them go back to my Regal Tip 7A sticks that I can rely on. To some of you, who bash away, two weeks may seem like a long time, but for me it is pitiful. Stay with the cymbal production would be my advice.

Thanks for the heads up. now i know not to even try them out. Lol

The only plus side was that they felt great in my hands, but for the same price as Regal Tip they just aren't worth it especially for a not so heavy hitter as myself.

Over the past few years, I have read nothing but bad reviews of Zildjian drumsticks not being very durable.

They are about the lightest-weight sticks I have tried.

Back