Are Roland V Drums that much better than pad type

I have been looking to buy used electronic drums so I can play and record at home without disturbing the family.

I have found the following for $600 BUT I will need to buy a rack, throne, and kick pedal. What I want to know is is it worth the extra cash to buy this and get the other things I need versus buying a complete pad type kit for $400?

Roland Vdrum module td3 and 5 dual zone drum maple wood with drum head triggers and 3 cymbal triggers
Comes with 1/4 inch cables and power supply

Attachments

• 5Y45P25S63nc3k33pebbobb4c45bf4fed145d.jpg
    5Y45P25S63nc3k33pebbobb4c45bf4fed145d.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 842
you can tune the mesh heads so they feel like real drums, cant dom
that with rubber pads.

it does not have to be a roland rack, any drum rack will work or yiu can use standard tom stands.

ebay is where i would look. just do the math first, you dont want to end up with it costing more then buying a kit ;-)

TCS>mesh>rubber pads

;)

that's probably an accurate assessement...:)

I have been looking to buy used electronic drums so I can play and record at home without disturbing the family.

I have found the following for $600 BUT I will need to buy a rack, throne, and kick pedal. What I want to know is is it worth the extra cash to buy this and get the other things I need versus buying a complete pad type kit for $400?

Roland Vdrum module td3 and 5 dual zone drum maple wood with drum head triggers and 3 cymbal triggers
Comes with 1/4 inch cables and power supply

Just an fyi for you flyingpigphotography...the e-kit pads in the picture are from a DTXtreme I RHP kit...the RHP stands for Real Head Pad...they originally came with mylar heads (these ones in the picture look like they have the original heads)...that being said you can put mesh heads on them...I have the same pads with mesh heads installed..the mesh quiets them down compared to the mylar heads...also, these pads aren't quite a bouncy as other mesh head pads (i.e., roland, hart, pintech), mainly because they have a full foam pad underneath the head...

I know this is a little late, but those are some nice pads in the pic.And fairly rare! Hope you got the set and are enjoying them. Those are the pads i eventually want for my kit. very nice looking drums there! I would use a yamaha module though, like a dtxtreme iii.

dtx71, It's funny you should post, and mention you would like some, I have Roland mesh drums now, and I am selling these on ebay now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170778506037?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I know this is a little late, but those are some nice pads in the pic.And fairly rare! Hope you got the set and are enjoying them. Those are the pads i eventually want for my kit. very nice looking drums there! I would use a yamaha module though, like a dtxtreme iii.

i have a Roland kit with a combo of mesh and rubber. It cam with all rubber pads except the snare. I play double bass so i needed to replace the stock kick trigger with a mesh pad. Pricey but it had to be done. I am extremely happy with just having a mesh snare and kick and rubber toms. Maybe u can piece together a kit cheaper or just buy a rubber kit and upgrade the snare to mesh one day.

Back