good hardware at an affordable price?

Nick G.

so, i often see people talkmng about hardware on this site, and im getting a bit more interested in the topic

not too long ago, i bought 3 "peace" boom stands for £20 each

now, to be honest, i have had no problems whats so ever, they dont move when i hit a cymbal (fairly heavy), they seem very strong and sturdy, and i can get them were i want them.

so, could anyone tell me why a dw/pearl/gibralter etc is better?? not trying to get at people here btw, im looking to buy a new stand and was wondering whether i should invest in something a bit more sturdy, but at the moment, im planning on buy the same ones but buy new felts/rubber slips to protect the cymbal better

input would be greatly appreciated

Well with the Gibraltar, Pearl etc etc all their stands are very versitile in the way they can be set-up / configured, i.e. Pearl has pages and pages on their ''Advanced Hardware Systems'' and i presume that the inner construction of the tubing etc etc is better and other factors like the cymbal tilters (with budget stands it is like a cog, so basically the stand has ''preset'' positions whereas the more expensive ones don't, its just move and secure, if you like)

So yea.

But check the Premier 2000 series and the Yamaha CS655, i have the Premier 2000 series and it is fantastic, with disappearing boom, amazing chrome finish, and memory locks, it is very good!! Only like £30 as well. But the only thing are the single braced legs, when playing hard and with a splash cymbal attached as well it does wobble, but not like loasdssss.

Hope that helps.

Well with the Gibraltar, Pearl etc etc all their stands are very versitile in the way they can be set-up / configured, i.e. Pearl has pages and pages on their ''Advanced Hardware Systems'' and i presume that the inner construction of the tubing etc etc is better and other factors like the cymbal tilters (with budget stands it is like a cog, so basically the stand has ''preset'' positions whereas the more expensive ones don't, its just move and secure, if you like)

So yea.

But check the Premier 2000 series and the Yamaha CS655, i have the Premier 2000 series and it is fantastic, with disappearing boom, amazing chrome finish, and memory locks, it is very good!! Only like £30 as well. But the only thing are the single braced legs, when playing hard and with a splash cymbal attached as well it does wobble, but not like loasdssss.

Hope that helps.

ah i see, mine does have preset places it can fit, but this makes no real noticable difference for me :D
i think my peace stands are double braced aswell :S

ah i see, mine does have preset places it can fit, but this makes no real noticable difference for me :D
i think my peace stands are double braced aswell :S

If its double braced then that should be fine.

How many tubes has it got? 2 being the one attatched to the legs AND another one, 3 being one attatched to the legs and one in that etc etc...?

But if they do the job then there is no need for any more advanced hardware really, i find the most important bits of hardware is the bass pedal and hi-hat stand as they take a hell of a lot more beating.

And with my Premier 2000 series boom stand (single braced, 2 tubes, dissapearing boom, memory locks) i have taken an old stand with double braced legs and just put the top half of the 2000 boom in that so that i have the versitality but also the stability

There you go :D

Stick with wat you've got unless your cymbals are falling off every 2 minutes.

Oh and what style do you play???

Looks alrite to me :D

However i dont go for the low low end stuff ( not saying that what you got is but they certainly dont have big endorsers etc etc and Peace aren't ''renowned'' for hardware as far as i know )

But if it does the job then whats stoppin you :p

Back