the much awaited yammie maple custom here here!

-UPDATE-

Many of my DW buddies here have been asking me to put down a sound bite of my Yamaha Absolute maple Custom Nouveaus, so here's a first attempt.

Youtube and camera phones aren't the way to do it,and the sound sucks but till I can haul these babies to the studio, this UPDATE will have to do.

Please use your imagination and think of singing maple

* As a bonus, you get a fleeting glimpse of Leo, who prowling around just to make sure the fills are in time
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbWYKF9uQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-qEFFbppWg

Last edited:
Many of my DW buddies here have been asking me to put down a sound bite of my Yamaha Absolute maple Custom Nouveaus, so here's a first attempt.

Youtube and camera phones aren't the way to do it,and the sound sucks but till I can haul these babies to the studio, this will have to do.

Please use your imagination and think of singing maple.

* As a bonus, you get a fleeting glimpse of Leo, who prowling around just to make sure the fills are in time
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbWYKF9uQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-qEFFbppWg

AWESOME!! Got to love MCA's with clear heads; man, they just sing. Great playing, Aydee. There is something special about the tone of Yamaha toms -- there is low end, but they produce such a clear note at all levels. Thanks for sharing.

Good stuff Aydee!

I was going to make a funny about you being a southpaw, but decided not to since two of my kiddo's are too ;-)

Peace!

Good stuff Aydee!

I was going to make a funny about you being a southpaw, but decided not to since two of my kiddo's are too ;-)

Peace!

Dan, did you know that lefties can do more things with their left hand than righties can with their right?

Theres a factoid a rightie Dad could use. ( Jackson looks great, btw )

Last edited:
AWESOME!! Got to love MCA's with clear heads; man, they just sing. Great playing, Aydee. There is something special about the tone of Yamaha toms -- there is low end, but they produce such a clear note at all levels. Thanks for sharing.

Dont they..? its a shame you cant really hear it on the tube..but hey, YOU KNOW, Golions! : )

Wow I love that finish its so unique. Congrats brother you know how I feel about Yamaha Maples. I also checked out your playing and youve got really good chops. Treat those Babies well and your all set. I've heard your not sure about that dry ride. I have a 20 a custom ping and its a great blend of definition and wash you might want to look into that.

Wow I love that finish its so unique. Congrats brother you know how I feel about Yamaha Maples. I also checked out your playing and youve got really good chops. Treat those Babies well and your all set. I've heard your not sure about that dry ride. I have a 20 a custom ping and its a great blend of definition and wash you might want to look into that.

Cheers, Jason, and thanks very much for the encouragement. Yeah, the rides a bit of a disappointment. Am thinking the New Istanbul Lenny White Epoch , but am also a big ACustom fan, so will check out the 20 ping as well..

I can honestly say that I never get tired of looking at this kit. The finish is awesome, and the cymbals, well are nuts (in a good way). Can't wait to see what snare you pick out for your set!

Cheers, Jason, and thanks very much for the encouragement. Yeah, the rides a bit of a disappointment. Am thinking the New Istanbul Lenny White Epoch , but am also a big ACustom fan, so will check out the 20 ping as well..

Not sure how I missed this post... but be wary of the A custom ping.. Mine sounded like a piece of sheet metal.. I was very disappointed in it. I hoped it would sound something like a standard A, but it wasn't even close.. (it was an ebay thing). I ended up selling it for about $150 so I came out OK.. but it put me off of A customs for a long time.. Then I got a 10" splash and a 16" crash that I love..

I have the 22" Paragon right now, but will get a Brilliant 20" A Ping for a second ride.. The paragon doesn't like nicety.. LOL and sometimes it's too much for what I do.. (sigh)

Go and play it before you pay for it..

Peace!

Ya, Danny, not too happy with anything at the moment... Am kinda excited to check out the Lenny White, but looking at other options as well. Cant find the right combo of definition & wash..My Acustom crashes and hats lead me to believe the ping might be something I'll like but, youre right.. I'd better play some first..

Ya, Danny, not too happy with anything at the moment... Am kinda excited to check out the Lenny White, but looking at other options as well. Cant find the right combo of definition & wash..My Acustom crashes and hats lead me to believe the ping might be something I'll like but, youre right.. I'd better play some first..

The one I would like to find isn't made any longer.. I exchanged a few emails with Ed Toth awhile back and asked him about his.. He uses a 21" K heavy in brilliant finish.. The other one he recommended was the 21" Sweet Ride..

I love this paragon, but I need something lighter.... as it is I end up holding the stick half way up and play as lightly as I can and still get a sound out of it.. but it's just not right for some things. Maybe a new Armand Med Ride? If I get a SPD-S, I may just sample a few rides and try that.. Oh well, it's only money.. ;-)

Peace!

Back