Pedal Appraisal

pinoydrummer

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand pedal and sell my old one.

I found a 2nd hand Pearl single pedal online and wanna ask from you if the
price is just right ($46). Here's the link...

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/18406816/

Can you also appraise my old Gibraltar pedal. This used to be a double but
have no idea where the other pedal is. hahaha. How much do you think I can sell
it for? The picture is below...

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 230
Sorry, but in that dreadful state of neglect, probably a few $ only.

+1... I had one of those in almost new condition I think I was lucky to get $20 for it.

Your old pedal...IMO you should give it to a deserving kid who doesn't have one. It's just dirty, it probably works fine. But selling it? good luck with that. In another opinion, I think you should just bite the bullet and spring (lol) for a good new pedal, like a DW 5000 or Pearl Eliminator. The pedal in the ad? I'd pass. A pedal is an indispensable necessity on a drum kit. Not a good place to cut corners IMO.

I would suggest to donate it to a future drummer. Their potential love for the drums is far greater than the money you'd get for the pedal.

Don't give the old pedal to ANYONE. Just bury it somewhere and never tell anyone about it. It's lived its life. Time to move on. No use in having some other drummer suffer with it.

I've fixed up pedals that looked as rusty as that one. A bit of work, but most of them are pretty functional and look way better than what I started with.

As to selling it as is - I wouldn't expect to get much for it.

About the pedal you're looking to buy - it wouldn't be my first choice. If you want an inexpensive pedal that plays and holds up well, look for an entry level Yamaha pedal, like this:
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/hardware/footpedals/fp7210a/?mode=model

That's the current one, but there are similar older, discontinued ones that you can pick up for pretty cheap.

About the pedal you're looking to buy - it wouldn't be my first choice. If you want an inexpensive pedal that plays and holds up well, look for an entry level Yamaha pedal,

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked out some pedals and I'm planning to
buy a Pearl P2000C.

If you don't have much buying power the cheaper p-900 is also really good.

If you can afford the Elims, go for the Elims. Those pedals will last you for years and years and are pretty much top of the shelf quality.

Back