Evans EQ Reso Heads

croctopus

I got two of these heads. 12" and 14". One has a black band around the outside and one has a silver band. And by band I mean "control ring." Anyway, are these the same or should I send one back?

hi...you meant to say EC reso and what they sent you is the same exact heads with the exception being one is a newer style that evans recently changed. Aesthetics would be the only difference here.

As Pete mentioned, you have one head with the silver ring appliqué and one with the newer SST printing. You shouldn't really notice any clash between the two. We switched over to the SST version in order to control the thickness of the overtone control. The silver rings are still effective though.

Cheers!

I installed an EC reso on my 12x14 floor tom the other day. I have a G1 coated on the top.
I just want to hug this drum every time that I hit it.

On my Christmas wish list I put EC Resonant heads for my two Gretsch toms. They have clear G2's on top. I bet they will sound great. Peace and goodwill.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the heads.
I am very impressed with both the Genera Resonant and the EC Reso.
I never gave bottom heads much thought. I used to use a standard single ply clear.
I first installed the Genera Reso on the 10 inch tom on my Safari Jungle kit.
I then bought the EC Reso for the floor tom of the same kit.
These heads produced the exact sound that I was looking for.
They "Fine Tuned" my toms.

What is the process that makes the Genera Reso sound like it does? It is a 10 ply clear head.
It should sound like any other 10 ply head but it is much brighter.

There is nothing special about the drums that I installed these heads on.
The Safari drums are like the original VW Beatle. They shouldn't work but they somehow do :)

Last edited:
Back