Multiple hi-hat kits

brady

Platinum Member
I currently run two hi-hats on my kit and am considering adding a china/trash stack somewhere or, another hat to my left for left-hand lead stuff. Sort of a Gary Chester type of set up.
I was wondering how many of you run at least two or more hi-hats with your kit. Please post some pics if you have any; I'm looking for some inspiration from my fellow DWers.

I wonder who has the kit with the most hi-hats...

Well I definitely don't have the most Hihats, but I have more than one pair!

Pics below.

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Tama Warlord DW 19.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 19.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 5,948
I actually have three on my current kit, a primary remote speedy hat in the middle, slosh hats on the right, and a closed mini-hat for variety. I need to get pictures at some point...

One on the left and one on the right, both on remote hats...

attachment.php

I've got a pair of 14" mains and 12" x-hats on the side.

picture.php

Who has the most hats? This guy...

109647d1234173299-terry-bozzios-live-drum-mic-setup-kit_v01.jpg

2 pedal actuated hats, and I have a few stacked cymbal sets that I can switch out to get hat-like sounds... It is great to have different textures to mix up grooves with.

Attachments

• kitbehindsm.jpg
    kitbehindsm.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 5,696
Down to two pair from three. Current left side are 13" Dark Crisps and right are 13" Sabian AAX Fusion x-hats. Usually, the right pair are 14" Dark Energies on a DW cable remote. The third pair would be an 8" splash over an 8" Paiste Signature bell x-hat.

kit_052210_07.jpg

Mine are 13 Paiste Twentys as main hats and 12 Paiste Prototypes on a Tama aux hat attachment.

Attachments

• Kit Driver.jpg
    Kit Driver.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6,802
Quite a lot of kits have two hi hats, I also like playing with a hi hat on the right.
If I started this thread I would have asked for kit's with three or more hats, that's when it's getting more interesting.

Bram

sea.jpg

Truth drummer Travis Orbin (formerly in Periphery, currently in Sky Eats Airplane) has a virtually symmetrical kit, including two hi-hats of slightly different sizes and different models. I assure you this is no gimmick, as his drumming is a flavor I have never heard before.

Here you Brundlefly, stop showing off this fantastic kit of yours!!!!

I'm not jelous,........honest.......

My current B/B TAMA kit - From left to right :

12"/10" REMO spoxe hats (operated)
14" ZILDJIAN A Custom hats (operated)
10" ZILDJIAN ZHT hats (closed)
12" ZILDJIAN A Custom mastersounds hats (cable operated)
8" ZILDJIAN ZHT hats (closed)

That's my main kit but when gigging, I use a smaller one

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 5,133
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 5,455
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 5,836
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 6,535
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 5,853
The smaller kit :

14" ZILDJIAN A custom as main hats,
8" ZILDJIAN ZHT hats :

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 5,146
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 5,333
  • f6.JPG
    f6.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 5,155
Your drum kit rocks earthshaker! I've seen lots of different versions of your set ups and always thought were awesome! Good to see you around!

Your drum kit rocks earthshaker! I've seen lots of different versions of your set ups and always thought were awesome! Good to see you around!

Yeah, great looking kit! I have actually never seen it before. Thanks for posting.

wheres the second hats eddie

Back