Your all time favorite album

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know what your all time favorite album ever is.

Mine is either Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, of Dave Weckl's Synergy.

They both always give me new idea's when ever I listen to them.

So how about you guys?

My all time favourite album would have to be moving pictures by rush. It is what introduced me to music and drumming for the first time.

I couldn't. I can't even choose a list of 10, let alone 1.

In Rock and Fireball ~ Deep Purple.

Sin After Sin ~ Judas Priest.

Right now?

Pink Moon by Nick Drake.

Come and ask me tomorrow and I'd have changed my mind.

Well...

It's...

without question...

1981's...

"Moving Pictures", by Rush.

...of course!

With songs Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt, and Vital Signs...

how could it not be this "drummers" favorite? ;-)

probably Prog by The Bad Plus. Its just such an amazing album. Moving pictures follows that then Snakes and Arrows follows moving pictures. sooo good.

It's wierd but it is my favorite so....

Ocean's 13 Soundtrack - by David Holmes

-Messengers by August Burns Red

-Lost in the Sound of Seperation by Underoath.

Howard Roberts - Antelope Freeway
1971 - Impulse
Selections: Antelope Freeway (H.Roberts-Michel-Szymczyk), That's America Fer Ya (H. Roberts), Dark Ominous Clouds (H. Roberts), De Blooz (H. Roberts), Sixteen Track Fireman (H.Roberts), The Ballad Of Fazzio Needlepoint (H. Roberts-Garofalo), Five Gallons Of Astral Flash Could Keep You Up For Thirteen Weeks (H. Roberts-Szymczyk), Santa Clara River Bottom (H. Roberts), Roadwork (H. Roberts).
Personnel: keyboards - Pete Robinson, Larry Knechtel, Mike Wofford, violon - Bobby Bruce, guitar - Mike Deasy, Howard Roberts, electric bass - Brian Garofalo, Max Bennett, drums - Bob Marin, John Guerin.
Session: Los Angeles, December 17, 1970 and March, 18,23, 1971.

That is so hard to choose but i have thought about it and i would have to say Moving Pictures by Rush. It was the first album i have ever listened to and it got me into music and drumming.

Lately I have been listening to Palmystery by Victor Wooten. Very interesting ablum that is.

Back