Looking for This Memory Lock

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have some Gibraltar chrome multi-adjust rack multi-clamps that don't have a memory lock notch on the multi-clapm side (never seen anything like this before), so my 3/4" hinged memory locks don't work without mickey-mouse-ing them.

I happen to have one of these flanged and lipped memory locks that just so happened to work. But, I need one more. FWIW, this one came off my Remo Dynamax Cymbal Boom arm, but I'm sure there are many other brands that have something like this because it is a standard 3/4".
Memory_Lock.jpg

Anyone know where I might find one? I'm all ears if you happen to have one, and want to give it up, sell, or trade for a brand-new one of these:
http://www.californiapercussion.com/products/Gibraltar-Hinged-Memory-Lock-3%7B47%7D4%22-SC%252dHML34.html

Thanks for any help in this regard.

Last edited:
Not positive but that looks like a old Rogers Memory-lock from like 75' or 76' to the XP8's of the late 70's too early 80's.

Bonzolead

Just making sure--3/4" right?
Just like the one in the pic is what you need?
I'll look and see what I have extra of this style lock. I have a bunch that are like this.

Just making sure--3/4" right?
Just like the one in the pic is what you need?
I'll look and see what I have extra of this style lock. I have a bunch that are like this.
Yes, Karl, a 3/4" is what I'm looking for. Thanks for considering this! :)

In the meantime, you can use a hose clamp.

Jeff
I've got the rack clamps mounted on 48" uprights with straight cymbal stand top sections serving as heavy duty boom arms floating at various angles off these multi-angle clamps. While hose clamps help with the INSERT position of an arm into a clamp, and Sharpie marks help with orientation, unfortunately neither do a darned thing to help prevent rotation. :-(

FWIW, I have some brand-new standard 3/4" memory locks positioned so their notches are between the clamps and the mounts themselves, but that's mickey-mouse setup, and it's a real PITA to get the multi-clamp screws to the exact same position every time you re-insert the arms, especially when you move stuff around as much as I do. I want to be able to simply insert items into clamps without even having to look, like I do with all my other memory locks, because that's what saves valuable time. In fact, I now have memory locks on EVERY clamp on my rack, so now I'm invested over $800 in clamps and locks! Of course, I'm up in the air on these last three clamps. Had I known I would have this issue with Gibraltar clamps, I would have gotten DW clamps instead!

I sent pics of the problem to Gibraltar, asking if I got a bad lot of these clamps, and have not heard back yet, which leads me to believe they know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :-(

Last edited:
Update: Gibraltar has verified the problem, and is recifying it. In the meantime, they are sending me two of the locks I've been looking for as a gesture of good faith to see me through my dilemna. Wow, from all that's happened lately, I'm wondering if this is the only industry in which customer service is still a KEY focus.

That's cool. I finally found one of the old style locks, but they are sending 2 to you free so that's awesome!

The hinge lock would work like you showed in the other thread, but unless you have a grinder to knock down the width of the "nub" you're screwed.
Glad you got the situation fixed.

Did they give you a part number for those older style locks?

Back