eliminator or dw8000

I don't really like the 8000, I dont see why they have 3 very similar models. 4000,6000,8000 nothing is very good until the 5000 series. That's just my opinion though.

I would say go with the eliminator. I would recommend the DW 5000 if that was a choice.

8000 are More "Pro" Pedals Than 5000... And The 8000 serie doesn't look like 4000 or 6000 at all . I Think you're talking about the 7000 serie, that would make more sense .

8000 are More "Pro" Pedals Than 5000...

Why would you think that?

The 8000 is a different style, and the 8000 stands use (totally unnecessarily) ultra heavy grade tubing, but it's not more "pro" than the 5000 series is.

The Diamond Plate looks cool, sure, but it would take a lot of trying to bust a regular base plate!
The hat stand looks cool too, but it's SO friggin' heavy, who'd want to carry the thing?
Not me, and I use the lighter version 2 leg (5500, now a 3500) hat stand in heavy rock bands with no problem what so ever. Flat base stands too, with no wobble on 20" and 21" crashes.

Actually, even though people have their "favorite brands", it's kind of funny that any DW 5000 piece wouldn't still be considered about the best you could buy.

And even though the thread is WAAAAYYY over a year old, I'm still on the Eliminators and they still work great.
Since I last posted on this topic in March of 2009(!), I have played the 8000 flat foot board, and it is way up in the air and feels like junk. They always seem to keep with that old design that felt cruddy before.

The 5000 longboard they came out with (and was originally done by a forum member) a while ago is pretty nice.

Still like the Eliminator better though, but that's just my foot.

And it seems like the eliminators price dropped recently. MF and Amazon have them for $122.37. I bought a 2nd one last night for that price at GC, after I had them price match MF, as opposed to the $159.99 sticker price. Just single though, I think the doubles are still the same price.

And it seems like the eliminators price dropped recently. MF and Amazon have them for $122.37. I bought a 2nd one last night for that price at GC, after I had them price match MF, as opposed to the $159.99 sticker price. Just single though, I think the doubles are still the same price.

Nice. That's only a couple bucks more than what I paid for mine all those years ago.
That's funny...you can buy a drum pedal on Amazon....I'm glad I have my regular drum shop instead.

My other choice would be an Iron Cobra FLEXI drive (strap).
The "cobra coil" thing does feel nice on that pedal.

I had a Flexi before the Elim, and there is a difference with the spring under the footboard. It's slight, but I did notice it and like it more with the "coil".

Back