Show Off Your DW Kit

who said anything about a black kit? i like the look of it over all. but then again thats my opinion and in some cases it wouldnt work

Beautiful Kits!
I'm looking at getting a DW kit. I think i'll get a Collectors in finishply with a straight black. Smooth. But can anyone recommend what color I should make my hardware? Chrome or Gold. Its sorta off topic but you guys seem like experts.

Doesn't straight black mean something like black? Or am I completely wrong?

This is at my local GC, anybody know what finish it is? I love it!!!
DW.jpg

my latest DW pics (A)
with side snare :D

Attachments

• P2050_15-10-10.jpg
    P2050_15-10-10.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 4,529
  • P2051_15-10-10.jpg
    P2051_15-10-10.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4,481
  • P2051[01]_15-10-10.jpg
    P2051[01]_15-10-10.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,474
because i had them tuned really loose at one point, lighting makes it worse than it actually is, its more just stick marks as opposed to dents

I couldn't find a "Show Us Your PDP" so I thought I would add this here. This is my stage and recording kit. It's a PDP Platinum Series in cherry to black fade born 17 July 2008.

Specs are:
22in Kick
14in Snare
12in Rack
16in Floor

P10100093.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Lovin' that roto Solaris, steve judd inspired much ? i ran an almost identical setup before i had my dw's. how are you mounting it ?

Hey man, sorry i didn't your question there.

At the moment it's a bit of a dodgy mounting setup. I've got the roto's threaded rod going into a dixon percussion mount, which is clamped to one of the rods of my DW double tom clamp. Messy, but it gets the job done! Need to find a proper stand or clamp for it. I think Remo *might* do something for that.

dexterbydesign - nice set! Though that ZXT Rock Ride brings back some bad memories for me (used to own one and hated it)

dexterbydesign - nice set! Though that ZXT Rock Ride brings back some bad memories for me (used to own one and hated it)

Haha yeah. Trying to save some money to buy a new one (Probably some A Customs or K's). I use it more like a crash now anyway which gives me a better sound than it did as a ride, believe it or not.

I decided to put this comment here because DW offer it on their custom builds. Has anybody opted for the MAY internal micing system on their DW drums? I just want to know if they're as good as what the little video they have on the website says.

I decided to put this comment here because DW offer it on their custom builds. Has anybody opted for the MAY internal micing system on their DW drums? I just want to know if they're as good as what the little video they have on the website says.

Yep. Pretty happy with it so far. But I think you need to choose this method for the right reasons. If I had a smaller kit, frankly, I would have gone with it in the bass only because it is just plain more flexible to not have mics mounted in your drums. Good reasons to do it are:

1. Speeds setup/tear down.
  2. You are tight on space for mikes in your kit.
  3. You just don't like having to play around mikes (although this doesn't completely go away with internal mikes either).
  4. You have a large kit, are close miking and want to minimize bleed.

This is my second DW kit. It is an exotic in curly maple with a candy black fade. It is actually a 5 piece but I am only using it as a 4 piece right now. The full kit is 10x8 VLT 12x9 VLT 16x14 X and 23x18 VLX. The cymbals are all Paiste.

28bh26f.jpg

ot3zvm.jpg

rrr50l.jpg

dbnz8o.jpg

Yep. Pretty happy with it so far. But I think you need to choose this method for the right reasons. If I had a smaller kit, frankly, I would have gone with it in the bass only because it is just plain more flexible to not have mics mounted in your drums. Good reasons to do it are:

1. Speeds setup/tear down.
  2. You are tight on space for mikes in your kit.
  3. You just don't like having to play around mikes (although this doesn't completely go away with internal mikes either).
  4. You have a large kit, are close miking and want to minimize bleed.

Awesome! I'm a fair ways away from getting my DW kit but i have PDP Platinums at the moment. I was thinking it would be a better choice for recording so i can get a nice isolation of each drum and because it's inside the drum itself it would limit the bleed from other mics.

Back