Show Off Your DW Kit

Hi to everybody, my name is Lorenzo and I'm new on that forum...
Here my 2 dw...
1 Satin Oil

and a finish ply with 23" kick..

CIAO

Attachments

• blu live1.jpg
    blu live1.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 6,240
  • verde1piccola.jpg
    verde1piccola.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 6,441
  • Blu live2 piccola.jpg
    Blu live2 piccola.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 6,115
Last edited:
Hi,
the blu one is:
Kick 23" * 18"
10*7 (I think, the suold be "fast")
12*8
14*12 flour T.1
16*14 flour T.2

the green one (satin oil sep. 2000) is:
22*18
10*8
12*9
14*12 (mounted)
16*14 (mounted)

I'm very happy about them, sounds great everywhere, studio, small lives, big gigs...

Hey DW fans. I just saw a new 4 piece DW Collecters Series in Silver Sparkle wrap at a little local music store going for $1,675.00.
Drums only, No snare,no hardware,virgin kick,and no tom mounts.
Still this seems to be a very good price.
The kit was made in 2005 so they obviously have been sitting there for 5 years.
Have they changed at all since 05?. Are the 2010s any different?.
What kind of wood did they make these kits in?. Maple,Birch, the badges dont say.
Can anyone with good knowledge of these kits tell me if this is a good or great deal?.
Should I jump on it?.

Last edited:
Hey DW fans. I just saw a new 4 piece DW Collecters Series in Silver Sparkle wrap at a little local music store going for $1,675.00.
Drums only, No snare,no hardware,virgin kick,and no tom mounts.
Still this seems to be a very good price.
The kit was made in 2005 so they obviously have been sitting there for 5 years.
Have they changed at all since 05?. Are the 2010s any different?.
What kind of wood did they make these kits in?. Maple,Birch, the badges dont say.
Can anyone with good knowledge of these kits tell me if this is a good or great deal?.
Should I jump on it?.

That seems to be a decent deal. They might even knock off more if they have had it that long. The shells are probably maple but you should ask the shop. The badges may have changed since then but I don't know. I don't think much has changed since '05 other than the newer VLT shells etc. but I don't know when all of the different shell types were introduced. Again, seems like a decent deal but I didn't pay much more than that for mine that was made in '09.

That seems to be a decent deal. They might even knock off more if they have had it that long. The shells are probably maple but you should ask the shop. The badges may have changed since then but I don't know. I don't think much has changed since '05 other than the newer VLT shells etc. but I don't know when all of the different shell types were introduced. Again, seems like a decent deal but I didn't pay much more than that for mine that was made in '09.

These kits are supposed to be so expensive and coveted. I know its 5 years old but they have never been played (no marks on stock DW heads and in perf. cond.).
Oh well, its all good. Maybe I'll flash him $1,500.00 cash and tell him (in a nice way) "take it or leave it". If he doesnt bite, It wasent meant to be.
Sounds like you got a great deal...Nice.

Here is my DW kit

38066_1420288160501_1631588452_969831_5343445_n.jpg

38066_1420288280504_1631588452_969834_3722982_n.jpg

DW Collectors Series (made in 2006)
Custom chrome finish with chrome hardware
Istanbul Agop Xist Brilliant cymbals and a Paiste Alpha China

Bassdrum: 24"
Toms: 13", 14", 16", 18"
Snare: 14"
Hardware: 5000 series
Footpedal: 4000 series

It's the best drum I've ever played on!!

My DW' maple Collector Series arrived. Thanks to Sam Ash and DW for very efficient service, from order to delivery in Hong Kong, about two months. And to various forum members for input/suggestions and to Drummers World for providing such a valuable resource for research.

They look beautiful and sound great. Anyone who thinks the shorter toms may not have enough projection shouldn't worry - the 11 x 14 and 14 x16 are very fat sounding and the 8x10 provides a really nice top end thwack. And they're very easy to hump around! The pix don't do the finish justice - it's very, very nice.

FInish is Black Velvet FInish Ply (except the 5 x 14 Edge snare which I already had).

Specs

8 X 10 X shell
9 X 12 VLT
11x14 w/legs VLT
13 X 16 w/legs VLX
16 X 20 w/BDM VLX

Cymbals: Paistes - 21" ride, 16" and 17" crash, 10" splash, 14" HH.

Have a 9000 pedal, but didn't get their other hardware - too expensive; happy with a mix of Tama/Yamaha stands. Glad I got the DW bass drum mount rather than tom stands though - it's a solid and well-designed piece of gear and the less heavy metal I have to carry around the better at my age.

Some posters say DW is all hype - maybe it is, they certainly market well and provide good customer service. But bottom line, these are great drums.

Cheers, David

Attachments

• DW6 com.JPG
    DW6 com.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 5,318
  • DW5 com.JPG
    DW5 com.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 5,280
  • DW4 com.JPG
    DW4 com.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 5,365
  • DW3 com.JPG
    DW3 com.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 5,362
  • DW2 com.JPG
    DW2 com.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 5,338
  • DW1 com.JPG
    DW1 com.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 5,411
sacco, Love the gold sparkle with that hardware - very very nice, good choice.

A bit of an update from me. I thought this thread would be the most appropriate.

Added a few extra things to the kit. I'm now running an 8" roto tom alongside my 10" tom as my two racks, and have discarded the 12" for now. I've also picked up an AAX 19" Xplosion crash, which is over my ride. The full specs are:

DW Collector's in Ebony Satin Oil w/ Gold Hardware

10x9
14x12 FT
16x14 FT
Brady 14x6 Jarrah Ply Snare
Metro 10x6 Jarrah Block Snare
8" Roto Tom.

Cymbals (l to r)
18" HHX Evolution Crash
8" A Custom Splash
14" HHX X-Celerator Hihats
18" AAX Xplosion Crash
10" stack (Stagg myra splash over Radia Splash)
10" HHX Splash
21" HHX Dry Ride
19" AAX Xplosion Crash
18"/20" stack (A Custom Projection Crash over Bosphorus Traditional China)
20" HHX China

Sorry about the quality - iPhone photo. My SLR camera was flat, I'll post some better pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 5,014
Lovin' that roto Solaris, steve judd inspired much ? i ran an almost identical setup before i had my dw's. how are you mounting it ?

Beautiful Kits!
I'm looking at getting a DW kit. I think i'll get a Collectors in finishply with a straight black. Smooth. But can anyone recommend what color I should make my hardware? Chrome or Gold. Its sorta off topic but you guys seem like experts.

its really what you like, it will cost extra for anything other than chrome so thats probably worth taking into account as well

well solaris has perhaps my favorite dw kit so id go for gold hardware :D

meh gold is pretty average if you ask me, i quite like the black nickel hardware if i was to choose anything over chrome

Black nickel hardware on a black kit? I wouldn't do that. Actually, I wouldn't buy a black kit at all, but that's completely my opinion, so I think I can better not say anything about this...

Bram

Back