Ludwig standards

Thanks, I'm going to keep an eye on that snare. At some point maybe a tom will pop up to match my set too.

Thanks, I'm going to keep an eye on that snare. At some point maybe a tom will pop up to match my set too.

Just scored on a Standard 14" floor tom off of eBay. Three ply with the granitone - been looking for one of these for a while. Matches my kit perfectly which is a 12/13/16/22. Get it in about a week.

Now if I can only find a 20" bass.

Would like to find another 12" tom in Silver Astro. Been checking Ebay and seems like stuff is popping up all the time but so far no luck. Saw a couple in different colors but not what I need.

Would like to find another 12" tom in Silver Astro. Been checking Ebay and seems like stuff is popping up all the time but so far no luck. Saw a couple in different colors but not what I need.

Check on Reverb, too.

Thanks. Didn't know Reverb even existed. I'll keep checking. Did find a whole set of early '60s Slingerlands just like the ones my parents gave me for my 12th birthday

Alparrot, i was fortunate enough to have the use of that same kit at a friends house while filling in for another drummer. he did not have the matching snare but even with shot heads, the drums sounded great. I have been on the lookout for a set of standards ( cheap) ever since. Cheap lugs and a very thin and cheap tom mount but those 3ply shells cant be beat.

Alparrot, i was fortunate enough to have the use of that same kit at a friends house while filling in for another drummer. he did not have the matching snare but even with shot heads, the drums sounded great. I have been on the lookout for a set of standards ( cheap) ever since. Cheap lugs and a very thin and cheap tom mount but those 3ply shells cant be beat.

Two blue strata kits on Reverb right now.

I see these on my local CL..

Might put in an offer at the end of the month. Neat that they have the original (horrible looking) BD and Hat pedals.

Had this kit since 1975. Just started playing again a few years ago. The wraps were trashed, so I stripped and stained them. Replaced all the old cheap Standard hardware with new ATLAS stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG