evans snare head combination?

ikes

what is the the best evans snare drum combo for getting a nice controlled sound with little ring, and at the best price that is low...........im looking for both sides..
thanks

Re: evans snare head combonation?

I'd go with either the Genera Dry over a Hazy 300 snare side, or the HD Dry if you're a hard hitter.

I use a Power Center Reversed Dot over a Hazy 300 on my snare. With a little dampening (one moongel), it gives me the exact sound you're describing. I've also played a snare that's the same model as mine (Pork Pie Big Black Brass) with a Genera Dry batter head, and it sounds great as well, though it may suck out a little too much of the overtones for your liking. Hope this helps!

im happy with my Genera HD Dry, i but i still have the stock heads on the reso side.......what would go good with that?

thanks

im happy with my Genera HD Dry, i but i still have the stock heads on the reso side.......what would go good with that?

thanks

Check out the Hazy 300. Good all around reso head.

The HD Dry and Hazy 300 are a good combo. I currently use that. Though I must admit, it is quite dry, very short sustain. Personally I am considering the ST Dry next, for a little more drum voice.

The HD Dry and Hazy 300 are a good combo. I currently use that. Though I must admit, it is quite dry, very short sustain. Personally I am considering the ST Dry next, for a little more drum voice.

thanks....................

Forgot about the ST. It's a little too loud for my tastes, but for the sound you're going for I would definitely consider it (just don't use it for jazz!)

I really like the EC Reverse Dot batter head over a Hazy 300 snare-side head. That is what I have on both my snares. Or you could always get a coated G1 and "muffle to taste". Peace and goodwill.

I have used three combos' all with the hazy 300.
For Batters I have use dht Genera HD Dry, the Genera ST Dry, and am currently using a EC2 SST. That is a tom head per se but if you don't use brushes this super thick clear head is great.

I have used three combos' all with the hazy 300.
For Batters I have use dht Genera HD Dry, the Genera ST Dry, and am currently using a EC2 SST. That is a tom head per se but if you don't use brushes this super thick clear head is great.

Can anyone describe the tone/sound between the ST Dry and HD Dry?

Back