Rush in Omaha 8/25/10

Good video, thanks for posting.

You know, I saw them here in Seattle a couple weeks ago and was baffled by that Tom Sawyer lead-in video thing. I didn't get it. At first I thought, "WTF! When they said they would 'play' Moving Pictures in its entirety, I didn't guess they meant the original studio recording to some campy-ass video!"

And that "backstage" skit video at the end? I've never seen so many thousands of people collectively cringe so hard in all my life! Embarrassing.

Good show though - when they were playing, that is.

Last edited:

You know, I saw them here in Seattle a couple weeks ago and was baffled by that Tom Sawyer lead-in video thing. I didn't get it. At first I thought, "WTF! When they said they would 'play' Moving Pictures in its entirety, I didn't guess they meant the original studio recording to some campy-ass video!"

And that "backstage" skit video at the end? I've never seen so many thousands of people collectively cringe so hard in all my life! Embarrassing.

Maybe us Omaha folks are a little easier to entertain. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the videos here, the back stage skit especially. Have you ever seen the movie "I Love You Man"? If you had, you would have been laughing your ass off. Also, it's not like they didn't actually play Tom Sawyer. I think you're being a little too critcal. That might actually have been the best concert I have ever been to. I am a big Rush fan, though.

Huh? They did play the entire album.

The videos are just part of the intermission. The videos don't cut into their actual playing time.

The intro and intermission videos were obviously parodies of how much Rush was slogged in the early days, and were make fun of the stories in the documentary on them that just came out. They were a bit long, but Rush has been doing this for the last three tours now.

These videos surely beat the ones from the last tour, but I think the ones from R30 were better.

Like Fuzrock said, the ending video was payback for Rush being included in the movie "I Love You Man". People were laughing their rears off here in LA over them.

Rush has always had a bizarre sense of humor. In the 80's their concerts started with the "Three Stoges" theme song. The Presto tour had the big inflatable rabbits. And as I've said, they've had the extended video bits for at least the last three tours. And video screens as part of the act since the 80's

Overall, it was an awesome show.

I'm still amazed no matter how many tours I see them on, they still manage to pull out a song I've never heard them play before.

I'm also impressed by the Panasonic ZS3. I need one of those!

I've been a fan up until I lost touch with them in the mid-80s. Then Vapor Trails came out and I was all over them again. Even bought their movie.

I've still yet to go to a show. I hear it's awesome.

What show where you watching? They played the entire Moving Pictures album live. The videos were a huge hit here and funny as hell.

I get that they're cornball geeks and how can you not love them for that. But they played what seemed like the first half of Tom Sawyer as a campy video before launching into the real thing. I just thought they stole a little of their own thunder with that and for something that just wasn't that funny.

As for that last skit, I seriously wanted to leave because it was making me cringe, but I stayed thinking there would be another encore. But no. What a let down. I couldn't believe there was no one in the Rush camp anywhere to put the kibosh on that heinous skit!

That was the 6th time I've seen them and they've always done videos, so nothing new there. I just didn't think this batch were particularly funny. Neither did most of the crowd in my vicinity. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Hey Fuzrock: if you have video of the last skit, please post so I can watch it again (or at least try to), maybe I wasn't hammered enough!

I get that they're cornball geeks and how can you not love them for that. But they played what seemed like the first half of Tom Sawyer as a campy video before launching into the real thing. I just thought they stole a little of their own thunder with that and for something that just wasn't that funny.

As for that last skit, I seriously wanted to leave because it was making me cringe, but I stayed thinking there would be another encore. But no. What a let down. I couldn't believe there was no one in the Rush camp anywhere to put the kibosh on that heinous skit!

That was the 6th time I've seen them and they've always done videos, so nothing new there. I just didn't think this batch were particularly funny. Neither did most of the crowd in my vicinity. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Hey Fuzrock: if you have video of the last skit, please post so I can watch it again (or at least try to), maybe I wasn't hammered enough!

You know, I'll buy that.

Most of their previous videos set up the song. By featuring the start of the song in the video 5 or 6 times, it did lessen the impact of when they ACTUALLY played the songs intro.

And Fuzrock, you're my hero.

Just saw them play last friday in Minnesota. Loved all of the videos. I do agree that the video in the intermission took away from the surprise of when they would play tom sawyer but they played the song in its entirety. also when they played closer to the heart as a polka that was funny. The video at the end is only funny if you have seen I love you man otherwise it goes over your head.

I didn't record this one but I found it on youube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uXmEUKgmY8
I got a kick out of Rush's conversation as they're walking into the dressing room.
Geddy - I saw four in the mezzanine.
Alex - I had three in the front row.
Neil - Seven females at a Rush concert. Must be some kind of a world record.

Hilarious!
I must say again that it doesn't hurt if you saw the movie "I Love you Man." Here's a couple of clips from the movie.

Slappin da bass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W3NERMKIBM

Limelight in concert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOckQm-TpWk

And Fuzrock, you're my hero.

You're my hero for saying that.

I got a kick out of Rush's conversation as they're walking into the dressing room.
Geddy - I saw four in the mezzanine.
Alex - I had three in the front row.
Neil - Seven females at a Rush concert. Must be some kind of a world record.

Hilarious!

At the LA show, the line for the mes room was around the block, the ladies room had no waiting. LOL.

Dream Theater shows are worse though.

Back