New Sonor S-Classix

I'm in the US. The kit set me back $1500 off eBay. The seller had it listed for $2000 "Buy it Now" or "Make an Offer." I offered $1500 and he accepted.

Like I said earlier, I had to exchange drums, and the seller was wonderful to work with -- a really great guy. He's an authorized Sonor dealer as well, so I felt very "safe" with the purchase.

Awesome! Many many thanks.

Signals,

Does Sonor make a 8x12 tom for the S-Classix?

How do the S-Classix compare to Yamaha Recording Customs, if you know/have played them?

I have a friend who's tried to persuade me into getting an S-Classix, but, if I go birch, I'm tempted to go with the RCs because of the greater variability of tom sizes.

I haven't owned RC's, but I did have a set of Yamaha Birch Absolutes about 2 years ago -- there's pics somewhere on this forum. The S Classix sound much more "open" to me. Off hand, I believe the difference between the two is that the Sonor's use Scaninavian Birch and have triple-flanged hoops. Also, the grain is vertical and the shells are slightly undersized.

I'm almost positive that the S Classix are 12x9 only.

I freaking love that kit. There is one at my local drum shop. MMMmmm.

no doubt about it, sonor make some stunning finishes. Even on the force series. I remember owning a birch force 2007 and for the money it was the greatest little kit

Back