Famous YouTube musicians (other instruments)?

XG65

As most of you all know, there's a lot of drummers out there on YT with a lot of subs such as Cobus, Meytall, etc...

But I've been curious, do other musicians (guitarists, pianists and those who play other instruments) enjoy the same success and attention and fame than us drummers have been getting? Any of you guys that know of any decent (and famous) ones out there on YT?

As most of you all know, there's a lot of drummers out there on YT with a lot of subs such as Cobus, Meytall, etc...

But I've been curious, do other musicians (guitarists, pianists and those who play other instruments) enjoy the same success and attention and fame than us drummers have been getting? Any of you guys that know of any decent (and famous) ones out there on YT?

I'm not sure I would consider people like Cobus and Meytall as decent or famous. Let's face it, there are wonderful players out there in YouTube land, (Cobus and Meytall included), and I don't know how much of a living they actually earn off of their videos, but whenever I see a great player on YouTube, but a lack of being out there playing live with other respected musicians and making music (as opposed to playing to backing tracks) something is missing for me.

I've been tracking some well-respected ukulele players on Youtube, but those people don't need backing tracks. Same with all the other instruments, so I think that's different.

I'm not sure I would consider people like Cobus and Meytall as decent or famous. Let's face it, there are wonderful players out there in YouTube land, (Cobus and Meytall included), and I don't know how much of a living they actually earn off of their videos, but whenever I see a great player on YouTube, but a lack of being out there playing live with other respected musicians and making music (as opposed to playing to backing tracks) something is missing for me.

I've been tracking some well-respected ukulele players on Youtube, but those people don't need backing tracks. Same with all the other instruments, so I think that's different.

Well, the both of them can hold out a decent groove and can throw in a few simple improvisations of their own. They're no Buddy Rich or Virgil Donati or anyone similar, so... I think that's... kind of OK.

Popularity wise, their sub count isn't as high as Pewdiepie's (I'm sorry; I just have to mention this guy because of his sub count, I know most of the people that do know him on here hate him) or all those gamers, but I think a 400k subscriber count is pretty good.

Granted, this is rather irrelevant, but the spelling is *Meytal* - and I happen to know this even without being a fan of her.
You know - you see a name once and memorize the spelling, that's all ;-)

Granted, this is rather irrelevant, but the spelling is *Meytal* - and I happen to know this even without being a fan of her.
You know - you see a name once and memorize the spelling, that's all ;-)

I'm a bit... slow when it comes to names, unfortunately. Thankfully my hands aren't that slow. Heh.

There are guitar and bass youtube celebs. I can't name any right now though they won't be hard to find.

I dont have youtube access at work, but there is a french guitarist that I watch pretty frequently. He gets thousands of views on his covers, and is the guitar equivalent of the youtube drummers.

I think Misha of Periphery was an internet sensation before he started the band. Kind of a Hanna Ford type of success story.

There are guitar and bass youtube celebs. I can't name any right now though they won't be hard to find.

Hmmm. Most that I find only have 30k subscribers or so. I have yet to find one that has more than 50k subscribers.

Back