Cliff Almond here

Thanks Diego...and thanks Gordon...
I'll always do my best to answer any questions. I'm on the road for a couple of weeks in Japan coming up and will most likely be spending a number of hours on my computer.
If anyone is in japan and wants to come out you can see the schedule on my site..

http://cliffalmondmusic.com/live.html

Thanks.

Hi Cliff!

I m a big fan from brazil! do you like brazilian music?if you like..can you say some names from here that you know and like??

Hello Filipe-
Thanks for posting. I am a huge fan of brazilian music. My personal favorites are Djavan, Toninho Horta, Ivan Lins, Egberto GIsmonti, Milton Nasciemento, Astrud Gilberto, Bibel Gilberto and of course anything Jobim related....I also am a big fan of Teo LIma, Portinho, etc....I'd love to spend some time getting more inside the music from that country....

Wow I can't believe I have been in the dark in the regards to this forum for so long. Cliff I love your approach to the instrument and think that when you and Anthony play together there aren't many rhythm sections I can think of that are tighter. Looking forward to any future news.

Gonna check it out! Its a great deal! You sounded great on that last clip I saw with Camillo! Crazy!!

All the best
PM

Cliff, I recently found some of your more "rare" stuff on youtube - Akiko Yano - and it's very tasteful groovery! It's definitely in stark contrast to the likes of "Caribe" (from OMO) which is, in my opinion, some of the best and most tasteful technical fill-around-the-brass-stabs playing ever to be recorded. LOVE it!

Thank you for inspiring me (and us) to be the best that we can!

Thank you so much Dave. That was a LONG time ago. I appreciate your compliments.
FYI I just posted a blog on Practicing and I'd love to hear everyones opinion about this concept. If you are interested please check out the link below. The blog is called:
"Your sound".

http://cliffalmond.com/category/blog/

Thanks everyone-
CA

No problem Cliff. Read your blog - it's great - and left you a comment. I could actually write a thesis on practice (I'm sure many people could) but I tried to be succinct for your blog!

Thanks Dave- Its great to see all the response to the practice stuff. Everyone has a completely different approach to practicing. Thanks for posting..

Cliff, I could watch you play 'anything' all day- drums, wallets, lego, you name it. A meaningful lesson is a bonus. thanks for the freebie.

Last edited:
Back