MAD's cartoons & CD covers...

Yeah, you bought them for the articles. Articles of clothing they took off.

I was going through some boxes the other day and I found a drawing I did for my daughter a few years ago, so I scanned it and I'll share it with you, Madge should like it... :)

Attachments

• Daddy's White Horse.jpg
    Daddy's White Horse.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 262
I was going through some boxes the other day and I found a drawing I did for my daughter a few years ago, so I scanned it and I'll share it with you, Madge should like it... :)

Madge DOES like it! Your daughter is very lucky :)

Well, it's been a long time since I've put something in this thread, so, here we are, some of my latest-ish CD covers I made for myself, the family or friends.

Attachments

• Alannah Myles 2.jpg
    Alannah Myles 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Mike Oldfield 2.jpg
    Mike Oldfield 2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Michael Jackson 3.jpg
    Michael Jackson 3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Katy Perry 4.jpg
    Katy Perry 4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Joan Armatrading 3.jpg
    Joan Armatrading 3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Gwen Stefani 2.jpg
    Gwen Stefani 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Bond 2.jpg
    Bond 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Belinda Carlisle 3.jpg
    Belinda Carlisle 3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Avril Lavigne 2.jpg
    Avril Lavigne 2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Alanis Morissette 5.jpg
    Alanis Morissette 5.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Adele 3.jpg
    Adele 3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Wolf Alice 11.jpg
    Wolf Alice 11.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 238
  • Toto 2.jpg
    Toto 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Sade 2.jpg
    Sade 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Rolling Stones 2.jpg
    Rolling Stones 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Rihanna 4.jpg
    Rihanna 4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers 2.jpg
    Red Hot Chili Peppers 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Rammstein 2.jpg
    Rammstein 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 241
  • Pink 6.jpg
    Pink 6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 240
  • Halestorm 1.jpg
    Halestorm 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Van Halen 2.jpg
    Van Halen 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
If I didn't liek you so much, I would hate you for being so multi-talented.

Fancy designing my BD reso head?

That reminds me, I owe you a logo transfer. I receive them next week (it's taken a while).

No rush. I fear the Slingbacks may be dead in the water, and I don't have a customised head for the Sweethearts (wretched graphic designer has a full-time job now and isn't interested any more) so Marlene's original head is going back on.

Guitarists' main band is busy at least 2 nights every weekend until the end of the decade, so it's impossible for the Slingbacks to get any gigs. Also, lead guitarist is a knob, as you know. I'm hoping that as he is about to become a father imminently, he will voluntarily walk away and we can find somebody else. Can't ask him to leave because I don't wish to become a pariah.

You mean he actually found someone to lie next to him long enough for him to make a baby? (10 seconds should do it ;)

Miaow!! What's even more incredible is that his wife is young, intelligent, attractive and an absolutely lovely person.

I could do I guess, give me a job description :)

Eee! I'll PM you. Don't even consider doing it unless you are going to charge me for your time and effort, and not mates rates either.

I'd be happy for you to help, too, but unfortunately we'd both get into quite a lot of trouble and I'm not sure he's really worth it :D

I made this album cover a while ago. It has nothing to do with a band. I felt like making a wacky cover. The name is not significant either.

Attachments

• Album Cover.png
    Album Cover.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 211
Eee! I'll PM you. Don't even consider doing it unless you are going to charge me for your time and effort, and not mates rates either.

PM received along with the job descriptions... phew, that's gonna be a challenge!

Nah... totally free of charge Madge, all I can do for you is to create an artwork from my "special digital drawing hobbyist workshop" and send it to you once you're satisfied with the result... then it will be up to you to find a competent person to transfer my artwork onto a black reso head since I haven't got a single clue how to do that, lol, deal? (any forum member willing to come forward to transfer the artwork?)

NB, I'll upload the artwork project(s) in this thread for you to see and choose (or not if you don't like it).

I made this album cover a while ago. It has nothing to do with a band. I felt like making a wacky cover. The name is not significant either.

Looks cool Skate, your "imaginery" band look like they were from the early 80's :)

Nah... totally free of charge Madge, all I can do for you is to create an artwork from my "special digital drawing hobbyist workshop" and send it to you once you're satisfied with the result... then it will be up to you to find a competent person to transfer my artwork onto a black reso head since I haven't got a single clue how to do that, lol, deal? (any forum member willing to come forward to transfer the artwork?)

NB, I'll upload the artwork project(s) in this thread for you to see and choose (or not if you don't like it).

You can't do it for free. It's one thing to do stuff because you want to do it, and a totally different thing to do something that somebody else has asked you to do. And don't bloody argue.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be too much of a ball-acher to do.

Looks cool Skate, your "imaginery" band look like they were from the early 80's :)

Yeah, it does look very 80's, especially with the parrot! You weren't even born then, were you, Skate?

Yeah, it does look very 80's, especially with the parrot! You weren't even born then, were you, Skate?
Nope, I was born in early 2001!

And yeah, I noticed it looked quite 80s with the vinyl record, so I added other typically 80s things like the Rubix cube and the floppy disk, the tacky colours on the bike gave it that look too.

Back