Imperial Lug Clubdate kit

AGiampa

tumblr_lw8nwkZG3x1ql6o8vo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lw8nv72f7o1ql6o8vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lw8ny6wNIp1ql6o8vo1_500.jpg

Sup folks. New here, but thought I'd at least share stuff I still have pics of! Took these pics when I had these out for a week or so around X-mas 2011 (sorry they are kinda crappy).

This is a kit I put together 2003/04.

3x13 Transition badge snare
60's 8x12 Clubdate tom
60's 10x14 Marching snare converted to floor tom
Late 50's 12x17 WFL Marching drum (how I got that smooth white resonant head I have NO memory, but that is a custom cut vinyl logo I put on the head =)

All wrapped in silver glass glitter. Imperial lugs all around except the snare of course. There's kind of a mix of chrome and nickel WFL and Ludwig hardware which I couldn't avoid (and probably some modern replacement parts mixed in as well; can't quite remember). I was going for something that looks like Ludwig might have made in the late 50's.

I built them so long ago and my collection has been stored so long that I have forgotten so many details about all my kits. I used to be the kind of guy who remembered every little detail about everything! These are downstairs and fairly accessible to me, so I could probably get better pictures some time, if anyone was interested.

Edit: oop, did find another pic, but it's smaller than I hoped. This pic is from 2003 I believe. I don't remember whether or not it was supposed to be a picture of drums with a car in it or a picture of a car with drums in it. =)

431718d1304586508-besides-your-watches-what-else-do-you-gentleman-collect-l_ec3e8f2f14df4991238f4b1449f49b70.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I bet those tubs sing, eh?

Far as I remember, lol. They are of course modeled to be like a jazz kit. I have coated Ambassadors on top and Renaissance Ambassadors on bottom. I wish I could play them, haha,

That's pretty sweet!
I wish Ludwig would offer the old wood shell Imperial Lugs for snares (and stuff like this!).

Makes me salivate for when I get my Standards all rehabbed and ready to rumble! Nice set.

I'm close to getting in with some guys on a 24hr lockout. This could happen some time this week.

This will be the first time in 5 years I'll be able to set up a kit -- and leave it set up -- for me to play any time I want. The lockout is monthly so I'm hoping we try to keep it for at least 6 months, if not at long as possible.

The only kit I have access to at the moment is this Clubdate-like kit, so it will be the first thing I move in there to play on. I will see if I can take better pictures and/or maybe a video of how they sound.

That's a nice looking little kit!

Back