new guy/ info on my set

Y

yamaha6611

hey guys, this is my first post here. i have a few questions about the set that i have.

its a yamaha stage custom with no tags (im guessing STD). its "Marina Green", and in good condition.i have been playing for a few years and when i bought the set was told it was discontinued... is this true? and does that bump up the value?

stuff with the set...

evans g2's up top, coated. ebony ambassadors on the bottom.
18in bass, stock res head, emad batter.
dw5000 double bass
12,13,14in toms
14in snare

the good stuff:
sabian 14in aa rock hats
sabian 18in HH leapord ride
zildjian a 17in fast crash
sabian aa 16in crash
some big paste ride

lemme know what you think, thanks

-matt

I doubt the value would go up.

.......yamaha stage custom, no tags ... "Marina Green", i was told it was discontinued... is this true? and does that bump up the value?
First off, welcome to Drummerworld.
You can look on line, on the Yamaha web site, and on eBay...to find the answers to all your questions and/or confirm mine. The color appears to be the only thing discontinued. Not having badges, possible negative points, not positive. Bad time to be selling. It is a buyers market right now. If you do want to sell, I'd sell each drum as an orphan. Go for that market. The cats who already have Stage kits in that color, but might want to add an additional tom or kick to their kit.

Howdy and Welcome! to Drummerworld. I think you will find it a great place and an invaluable source of information and entertainment... (that'll be $5 Bernhard).

All seriousness aside though.. it's a cool place.

Also Welcome! to another Yammie player... We let the other folks here talk to us to remind ourselves of what we used to be, and to remind them of what they can become ;-)

As for your kit, probably not going to increase in value unless you got it fairly cheap to begin with. Doesn't mean you can't make it sound good though. Spend a fair bit of time training yourself to tune the drums.. it's something that seems to get overlooked a lot.

As you go you can get a better quality set, say a maple or birch custom absolute.. or if you are really worthy, some recording customs.. (ahem). You can keep the stages for a practice kit or a knockabout kit...

Again, Welcome!

Peace!

hey thanks guys for all the good info, i love my ser and ive had it for about 4 years now, it never gets old. i dont learn alot but i do play often...

thanks,

matt

Back