Benny Greb

meinlman

he's coming to my drum shop here in Orlando FL (Drums2go) for a free clinic. a very creative drummer with chops for miles! if your not fimiliar with him, check him out, he grooves BIG TIME!!

I just saw him do a clinic. I was definitely impressed. Not to mention he's a very funny guy.
He had a lot of great things to say about how to setup a practice routine. It wasn't just a guy getting up there and blowing all kinds of chops and then saying goodnight. Very informative.

Discovered him this morning.

He's great. He's definitely going to be one of my favourite drummers.
I hope to see him someday in italy.

Cheers

Yesterday I ordered his DVD. I'm looking forward to watch it.

His DVD is pretty good. I am going to catch him in Orlando too. Next week!

Can't wait. He is my fav drummer at the moment. Very talented musician

The DVD arrived today.

It's funny.. the only DVD I know where you actually watch the menu :D

Just saw his clinic last night. Not been to a huge number of clinics, but this one was the best I've seen. Of course his drumming is exceptional, but his comments about practicing and time management were very useful and extremely insightful. That, and he's really got an awesome sense of humor.

If anyone gets a chance to see him, don't miss the opportunity.

Yes, his clinic are great, and he is funny too.
You will participate.

Great drumming and a warm person.

Tell him Karl from Huber & Breese in Michigan said Hi!!

Ask him to show his arm stretching technique.....

awesome , we're going to see him tomarrow ! and talk about a traveling man , mike if you saw him in Washington yesterday and we'll be seeing him here in Fla tomarrow . , thats some frequent flyer mileage !
Yeah, he was supposed to be here last week, but got his travel plans hosed up by the volcano. He used his only off day to make up the Seattle clinic. Yesterday morning, he flew in from Pennsylvania and this morning flew out to Florida! That's some dedication there!

He was really funny and was mock apologetic saying that Germans hate to be late and have their schedules disrupted. Everyone was at least as impressed with his friendly and genuine personality as they were his jaw-dropping drumming.

I think you're in for a real treat!

Just got home from a Benny Greb clinic here in Seminole Florida and I must say he gave the best showing I have seen to date. He was playing a Sonor Delite drum set, and Meinl cymbals and he sounded great. He played a few songs, played a few solos, and answered all questions to the fullest. He has a great sense of humor and was very good at explaining what he was doing even stopping at times to mock his use of English since he is from Germany. Watching his hands closely was amazing as his fingers would leave the stick and return at such a rate that at times it looked as if he had no contact with the stick at all. Very interesting. His main message in his talk was to emphasize HOW you play and not so much WHAT you play. TIMING is very important but is meaningless without GROOVE. The clinic was about 2 hours long and very worthwhile. If you get a chance to see any of the pros, go see them.

well , you aren't gonna believe this but i thought it was at seven , not four ! so when we pulled in the parking lot i thought i was early and thats why i got front row parking , duh !
and on top of that when we walked thru the front doors everyone was getting auto's , i'm thinking to myself " weird that they were doing autographs first " but whatever . then john asks what happened , then i reliezed what a dumb ass i was ..........
but even though we missed the clinic he did spend a few minutes chatting with jennifer and giving her autographs AND sticks .
sorry i missed it and you grunt .....

I thought you went to see someone in Tampa, Like Peter Erskine???
but you did miss a good show but glad you got to meet him.

Just got home from a Benny Greb clinic here in Seminole Florida and I must say he gave the best showing I have seen to date. He was playing a Sonor Delite drum set, and Meinl cymbals and he sounded great. He played a few songs, played a few solos, and answered all questions to the fullest. He has a great sense of humor and was very good at explaining what he was doing even stopping at times to mock his use of English since he is from Germany. Watching his hands closely was amazing as his fingers would leave the stick and return at such a rate that at times it looked as if he had no contact with the stick at all. Very interesting. His main message in his talk was to emphasize HOW you play and not so much WHAT you play. TIMING is very important but is meaningless without GROOVE. The clinic was about 2 hours long and very worthwhile. If you get a chance to see any of the pros, go see them.

Didn't see this thread when I started another. Posted this Sunday.

During one of his solos he was playing with his hands and scratching his fingernails on the coated snare head, pushing the floor tom against the other floor tom, to click the rims, pushing the snare up against the rack tom to click the rims. Pretty good sound mic'ed. Then he turned his snare over and was playing the resonant side, and scraping the snares with a stick like a cheese grater. Great sounds and a lot of imagination. Of course all of these sounds were in rhythm.

i know almost nothing about BGs background but everything i have seen him play is technically beautiful, inspiring, musical & completely badass. was introduced to his playing via the Hudson Music promos & can't get enough lately. looking to get that DVD soon...

if you haven't seen this clip, Benny is on fire here...turn it up !
+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8zlHeDHBFQ

GD, what did that Sand Ride sound like in person?

Back