Evans G2/Genera

PeniScott

Silver Member
Am i correct or being dim in asking if the Genera G2 i've seen pictures of are the same G2's that people speak of?

It may seem silly but i wanted to clear that up before i got confused and ended up buying the wrong head. The G2 is a shortened version of the name Genera G2?

xoxo

Hi PeniScott,

According to the Evans website the Genera series drum heads come in a few different versions as snare drum batters.

Genera = Single ply with overtone control ring.
Genera Dry = Single ply with overtone control ring and small vent holes around the perimeter.

Genera HD = Two ply with overtone control ring.
Genera HD Dry = Two ply with overtone control ring and small vent holes around the perimeter.

The G2 that most refer to is a different two ply head that is mainly used as a tom batter.
The "G" might have referred to "Genera" at some point in time, but I'm not really sure about that.

I hope that this helps. :)

I recently bought a G2 for my snare and on the website I bought it from they had it listed as Genera G2 but the head I got just said G2 on it so as far as I know they are the same head.

Thanks for the info guys! So basically, the G2 and Genera are essentially the same head?

thanks
xoxo

No.

Genera = reso
G2 = 2 ply batter

Directly out of the Evans product catalog, "Genera G1" or "Genera G2". There is also a "Genera Resonant" head. The Genera G1 clear is one of the most used resonant heads in the Evans line.

Dennis

ok thank you, i hadn't actually bothered to go on the Evans website :S

cheers
xoox

Back