View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pete Best - His Weaknesses as a Drummer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
This is what PB thinks:

"Some people expect me to be bitter and twisted, but I'm not. I feel very fortunate in my life. God knows what strains and stresses The Beatles must have been under. They became a public commodity. And John paid for that with his life".
Yes, but it did take him a long time to get to that point.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/m..._by_ringo.html

Quote:
In the mid-1960s, Best hit a low point, even though things were going well and he was playing with another band. ďI got a stupid idea in my head that I was going to commit suicide,Ē he said. ďDonít ask me why. Iím fortunate that I survived.Ē He was stopped from inhaling gas from a stove by his mother and younger brother
https://www.popmatters.com/184898-no...495626053.html
Quote:
Have you let go of any disappointment you had about the original disagreement with [the Beatles] in 1962? Is there any lingering bitterness there?

There never was any [bitterness]. Bitterness is a word the media picked up. There was anger and there was resentment because of what happened and the way it happened, because of the way I contributed to the band, but bitterness, no.

Itís like anything else, if you carry it with you, youíre going to end up a bitter and twisted old git. And thereís no need for that. Iíve enjoyed life. There came a time when I was like ďFine. Itís not about thinking about what happened yesterday, itís about today and tomorrow.Ē And I think once you come to terms about yourself, then you realize that thereís so much more that your future holds for you, as opposed to your past, that youíre striving for.

My life since then had ups and downs; it hasnít been a perfect life. But when I look back on it now, I wouldnít change it.