Drum Keys

Fabo

I got a cool looking Tama key a couple days ago and started to wonder if any of them were collectible, since they're usually sold for under $5 or just given out for free. Also, any of you have any cool drum keys?

I have loads of drum keys. The most collectible for me a Sonor keys. They are usually hard to find in Australia.

I also have many keys for other kinds of drums, such as pandeiros and rebolos.

I also must see "shoebox full of keys" ..

..that is a lot of keys.

I like the Tama key. It's nice and heavy which I prefer for fine tuning than lighter keys.

I also must see "shoebox full of keys" ..

..that is a lot of keys.

I like the Tama key. It's nice and heavy which I prefer for fine tuning than lighter keys.

Photos please. That's a lot of keys.

I will ASAP but I broke my camera. I'm stuck with nothing! Best Buy might have it by next week! (MIGHT) Which means 2 weeks. Sorry I might have a pic on my computer though

It's easy to collect a lot of keys by accident when one works in a drum shop. I've returned dozens of keys to shops where I worked or taught. A Pearl kit is delivered to the shop with a key for each shell. We'd have stacks of the damned things all over the place. There must be at least 40 Pearl drum keys throughout my home in various drawers and cupboards. Probably more.

Speaking of drum keys. I'd like to see a drum key pocket in every soft snare case. That way I could keep specific keys with the drums they fit. For example it would be handy to have my slotted Sonor keys with the drums at all times so I didn't have to check and re-check all the time.

Speaking of drum keys. I'd like to see a drum key pocket in every soft snare case. That way I could keep specific keys with the drums they fit. For example it would be handy to have my slotted Sonor keys with the drums at all times so I didn't have to check and re-check all the time.

My friend owns a liquor store and gave me over a dozen Crown Royal Bags for the little minis that are 50ml

All my snares have one hanging off a bottom rod or in the bag if it travels.

I think mine is best cuz....... mine was custom made and it's so beautiful :p The pic doesn't show it off very well though.... :/
drum key.jpg

This key was made by Mario De La Cruz at De La Cruz drum shop. :)

I got a cool looking Tama key a couple days ago and started to wonder if any of them were collectible, since they're usually sold for under $5 or just given out for free. Also, any of you have any cool drum keys?

Hi, I am new here and come from Czech Republic. I have not bad collection of drum keys
(about 350 pcs). You can watch it here:

http://www.drumkeys.eu

When you click on "Galerie ladicich klicku" - you can see pics of all my keys
When you click on "Podrobnosti o sbirce klicku" - you can find the keys in alphabetical row and find some infos about them

How do you like it?
Arno

Last edited:
To move from post stamps, coins to drum keys collection...interesting stuff!

Hi, I am new here and come from Czech Republic. I have not bad collection of drum keys
(about 350 pcs). You can watch it here:

http://www.drumkeys.eu

When you click on "Galerie ladicich klicku" - you can see pics of all my keys
When you click on "Podrobnosti o sbirce klicku" - you can find the keys in alphabetical row and find some infos about them

How do you like it?
Arno

Very nice collection of keys. I do think I saw a few roller skate keys in the mix though. LOL

Welcome to Arno! He is the king of drum keys, and was the subject of a recent article in Drum! Magazine about his drum key collection.

I bought some of the evans keys that also double as cymbal wing nuts. I friggin love them.

Thos + the key that comes with the iron cobra pedal, means that i have 4 attached drum keys on my kit at all times.

Arno, that's a pretty great collection. How long have you been collecting them for?

Very nice collection of keys. I do think I saw a few roller skate keys in the mix though. LOL

Yes, it is possible. The most of noname keys I bought on ebay and all of them were declared as drum keys. But later I found that some of those keys are not drum keys, but banjo keys or roller skate keys. Some sellers think they will get more money when they declare it as drum keys and it is not o.k. But what can I do? So please could you tell me which keys in my collection may be roller skate keys?
Thanks

Back