John Bonham

ns3476 said:
I wish Bonham was still alive because if he was i think he would be the best drummer there is

He is NEEDED more now, than ever.:(

Indeed a recording and gigging Zeppelin would be the antedote for a number of the industry's current problems.

NUTHA JASON said:
a possible answer but you sound very sure. how do you know. is there a write-up on this song?

ps: in many ways i agree with your last post
j

Jay, yes, I came across it in my research. It is in print, I just have so many bloody books here, it would take me a while to get the page and quote.

Live from the Bonham Soap at drummerworld:

guy a: ....That's the sound of a drumstick on vinyl...or to be precise the sound of drumsticks on the top of his drumthrone seat.
guy b: ......a possible answer but you sound very sure. how do you know. is there a write-up on this song?
guy a: ...a gigging Zeppelin would be the antedote for a number of the industry's current problem

Too much is too much!!

Hey guys...I start to make me some sorrows about your health!!!

and never bash Ringo

Bernhard

You think that's bad Bernhard? You should see us after a few pints.......:)

If I got this picture thang right, these are the usual suspects.

Attachments

• 112-1242_IMG.JPG
    112-1242_IMG.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 4,291
Re: John Bonham Fans

ClockworkOrange said:
I'm sorry, but, you're wrong. If the tom being referred to is the one with the swivo holder in the pic, it is from the kit that is at the bottom of page 36, in A Thunder of Drums. It's 'mate'
the 10x14 is pictured there with the two bass drums, NOTE the Swivo holders on the bass drums?
The above pic from ANOTHER maple kit has the 12x14 tom. It is placed on a snare drum stand. Also, with this pic, please note the double ludwig spurs on the bass drum. These were put on as the drum's depth is 15", the same as Appice's.

Here is a picture of the new Ludwig Stainless Steel Bonham re-issue kit. This was taken at the MusikMesse show in Frankfurt in March. The shells for this kit are produced by Dunnett Classic.

;)

lud6.jpg

Dunnett said:
Here is a picture of the new Ludwig Stainless Steel Bonham re-issue kit. This was taken at the MusikMesse show in Frankfurt in March. The shells for this kit are produced by Dunnett Classic.

;)

lud6.jpg

Hmmmm...They've reissued the Amber Vistalite, now the Stainless Steel kit, could an official Green Sparkle be coming in the not too distant future? One can only hope.

---LG

LiveGoat said:
Hmmmm...They've reissued the Amber Vistalite, now the Stainless Steel kit, could an official Green Sparkle be coming in the not too distant future? One can only hope.

---LG

I do believe they have done a re-issue of the Green sparkle kit. But I think the released version is 6 ply maple. Roll on 3 ply maple (christ, can you just imagine how thin that is?!)

yeah, they had that green sparkle kit and some meinl mb20 (i think...) cymbals up for grabs in a RHYTHM competition. it was worth a whopping £5000!! i bet they got more entrants for that than any other kit, and it's actually the pic of that RHYTHM compo that ludwig use to advertise the bonham kit.
would have been a great prize. imagine that sound!

What's that choked crash cymbal kind of like sound Bonzo uses on 'The Crunge'?

but going back to the subject about Black Dog.....i noticed on the HTWWS cd, when they played it, there was an equal break after plants singing in each section unlike the record song. Like nutha said on the record recording there were short breaks, medium breaks and long breaks. but in the live version they were all the same to make it easier playing for bonham mostly i guess.

John Bonham is an amazing drummer. There is nothing I can say that hasnt been said in this thread. I am just recently getting into Zep, but I am slowly molding my style after Bonham.

I am so glad Ludwig brought back the inlay finish on the bass drum hoops, it's such a nice touch very classy. The silver sparkle looks great with the Stainless Steel. My green sparkle kit in the Bonham sizes looks great with the green sparkle inlay on the hoops!

Back