K.K. Downing leaves the Priest

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I don't. know the reasons but K.K. Downing has left Judas Priest. Him & Glenn Tipton made a great duel ax team nuff said.

Great run......................Kudos,
Bonzolead

I don't. know the reasons but K.K. Downing has left Judas Priest. Him & Glenn Tipton made a great duel ax team nuff said.

Bonzolead

Saw them a couple summers ago and they still put on a hell of a show.

Kind of odd timing to retire right before the farewell tour.

But yeah, he had one heck of career.
That's what I was thinking just keep going for one last go around. I seen them last summer & they was as good as ever & of course Scott Travis was a monster IMO the best thing that ever happened too JP.

Bonzolead

That really bums me out. It just won't be Priest without one of their great axemen. Fortunately I was able to see them TWICE when they came around to my neck of the woods. I also saw Ronnie James Dio in one of the same shows.

...Scott Travis was a monster IMO the best thing that ever happened too JP.

I completely agree. Maybe not the best thing EVER but he definitely brought their old school groove into a more modern style. With a little fresh blood those old timer really showed the kids how its done. Painkiller was the first album of their I ever heard then I just worked my way back from there. I love wearing a collard shirt and tie to shows, inspiration courtesy of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoDbAd4fYBA

God I love that queen. Who is that on the drums btw?

That really bums me out. It just won't be Priest without one of their great axemen. Fortunately I was able to see them TWICE when they came around to my neck of the woods. I also saw Ronnie James Dio in one of the same shows.

I completely agree. Maybe not the best thing EVER but he definitely brought their old school groove into a more modern style. With a little fresh blood those old timer really showed the kids how its done. Painkiller was the first album of their I ever heard then I just worked my way back from there. I love wearing a collard shirt and tie to shows, inspiration courtesy of this video.

Yeah I probably over-stated the Best thing but I'd liked Judas Priest more after they got Scott Travis you're youtube link is a great JP tune but it's the same beat as "Living after Midnight","You've got another thing coming " and so on, when ST was(is) the drummer he made JP more badass IMHO of course. Ian Williams probably knows that drummer in the youtube link he's really good with names.

Bonzolead

Scott Travis was a monster IMO the best thing that ever happened too JP.

So true. It was adding Scott that really turned me on to being Priest fan, and then going back into their classic material.

Dave Holland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Holland_(drummer)

He was the bands drummer for 10 years.

He is currently in jail, having been convicted of sexual assault on a drum student of his.

Bonzolead

Yeah this is the worst news I've been given in a long time, Priest being my favourite band and all. All I can hope is that Faulkner will help set Priest back on the right path and create good old British Heavy Metal! There has been much read into this and it sounds as if he doesn't like the direction that the band is taking (probably musically). So if we get a kick ass heavy metal album out of it, it won't be so bad.

Thanks for the mention Bonzolead!

Yes, that is Dave Holland playing drums.

He began to play since British Steel - Point of Entry - Screaming for Vengeance - Defenders of the Faith - Turbo - Priest Live - Ram It Down - albums then left Judas Priest.

... Ian Williams probably knows that drummer in the youtube link he's really good with names.
Bonzolead

That's a big surprise for all Priest fans...including myself. Must be a broadside hit to Ian Hill (bass player) - him and K.K. Downing are the founding members of Judas Priest.

Good luck mate...K.K!!!

What a shock. Never would have guessed KK to ever leave. He's be the last guy I'd I'd expect to leave. Anybody know the "why?"

I've always wondered why Dave Holland never gets any credit for playing with Priest. I never gave it much thought until I saw a Behind The Music, and over the bands entire career they never mentioned his name once, or any other drummer for that matter.

Dave was the only real drummer I knew with that band. He was there for all the best albums.

It's a pity but a fact - that Dave Holland's drumming is matched and highlighted to this undesireable event...After Judas Priest even Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) took him (DH) out of some drum tracks due to avoiding problems with law for having an sexual offender recorded.

A thread on Dave Holland: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59257

PD: If it was your son or my daughter involved, what would it be our reaction?

I've always wondered why Dave Holland never gets any credit for playing with Priest. I never gave it much thought until I saw a Behind The Music, and over the bands entire career they never mentioned his name once, or any other drummer for that matter.

Dave was the only real drummer I knew with that band. He was there for all the best albums.

Attachments

• judas_priest_boy_dave holland.jpg
    judas_priest_boy_dave holland.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 332
Back