Hurricane Susan

I am in the direct path of the hit.
I was going to suggest floating to safety in your bass drum Larry, but then I remembered, it's a DW. With all that hardware bolted to it, it would make a better tornado shelter ;) It might work if you take off the lugs, attach a mast, & hoist a couple of Mapex badges as sails ;)

Seriously guys, thinking of you - Andy.

This is a big storm boys and girls..Florida at the bottom left

Attachments

• gss-121028-sandy-13.grid-8x2.jpg
    gss-121028-sandy-13.grid-8x2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,461

attachment.php

Bloody hell - it's a whopper - good luck to those on low ground!

Looks kinda fluffy & nice really.

Seriously though, that's f%*&ing huge! Thank goodness it's not as intense as some, but it's size will mean major rainfall over prolonged period & it'll affect a lot of people. Any of our members live by the coast? (exceptions; visiting Swiss drumming website founders) ;)

I was going to suggest floating to safety in your bass drum Larry, but then I remembered, it's a DW. With all that hardware bolted to it, it would make a better tornado shelter ;) It might work if you take off the lugs, attach a mast, & hoist a couple of Mapex badges as sails ;)

Seriously guys, thinking of you - Andy.

Tweaking the DW AND the Mapex owners and workers in one eloquent paragraph is a Guru executive's responsibility lol.

We'll be fine, we're Yanks! If we managed to break from the Crown, we'll be able to handle some nancy girl hurricane with a name like a girly man. Don't worry, our insurance companies are overloaded with money. Then there's the insurance companies insurance company, the re-insurance companies. Only the stupid ones die anyway, it's natures way of thinning the herd lol. I don't actually mean that.

Must be why my homeowners insurance is going from 1200. to 1600. this coming year.

Tomorrow - Federal Government closed, Metro closed, schools closed. D.C. is in the direct path of Sandy and everyone is bracing for 8 a.m. tomorrow morning when it is predicted to hit us. If all goes as predicted... we are in for a wild ride. Praying that everyone will be safe.

Tomorrow - Federal Government closed, Metro closed, schools closed. D.C. is in the direct path of Sandy and everyone is bracing for 8 a.m. tomorrow morning when it is predicted to hit us. If all goes as predicted... we are in for a wild ride. Praying that everyone will be safe.

Lol I'm right here with you brother, Montgomery county. Weeeeeeeee!!!!!

My son works in Bethesda, lives in Frederick County. Has the day off as well. Hold on boys, this could be a big blow.

This one will be a bad one.

I moved to Florida and Hurricane Andrew Hit. Then in the early 2000s we went through Francis, Jean, etc..

My wife and I have been through 5 of these together and many more in our lifetimes.

The last time our neighborhood blew up, we were in Jupiter, FL.

My mother and two of my brothers live in the DC area. They are getting it right now.

My younger brother is getting married next weekend in Sea Isle City, NJ.

The eye of Hurricane Sandy is expected to make landfall about 20 miles north of there. The beach house that we rented for 10 people is already flooded. My brother's fiancee is stuck in her house because of flooding and her parents business office is flooding right now. The yacht club for the reception is flooded. We haven't checked the church yet. All of these locations are only 4-5 blocks from the beach.

I feel so bad for my brother's mother and father-in-law. They've spent over 50K for this 200+ guest wedding and it's all turning to shit. They didn't evacuate because they are in denial. We are all worried.

My plane ticket is from Atlanta to Atlantic City on Wednesday evening. I don't think I'll be on that flight.

Everyone here at DW that's getting dumped on by this one, I am praying for you.

"Hurricane Sandy stormin up the coast, and all she wants to do is drum..."
(to the tune of Don Henley's "All She Wants to Do is Dance"..)

Here in beautiful Bucks County PA...it hasn't hit yet. It's raining, a little breezy, some low lying neighborhoods nearby already lost power, and it's not even here yet. Me, I'm doing just fine, nice and cozy, I'm all set up with everything I need to keep me fed, powered, and entertained. Power is still on. Cmon Susan, Sandy, whoever you are, and lay it on me...bitches!

Tweaking the DW AND the Mapex owners and workers in one eloquent paragraph is a Guru executive's responsibility lol.

We'll be fine, we're Yanks! If we managed to break from the Crown, we'll be able to handle some nancy girl hurricane with a name like a girly man. Don't worry, our insurance companies are overloaded with money. Then there's the insurance companies insurance company, the re-insurance companies. Only the stupid ones die anyway, it's natures way of thinning the herd lol. I don't actually mean that.

Don't forget, they're also "too big to fail".

Still just medium rain and light winds here in DC. I've heard mixed reports but I guess it's going to come through around 10 pm.

Here is the latest from the Weather channel.
Larry at 18 miles per hour it will cover Penn and Md. for a few days with a lot of rain.

Attachments

• gss-121029-satellite-1255p_grid-7x2.jpg
    gss-121029-satellite-1255p_grid-7x2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 551
I really hope you guys will be alright, my thoughts are with you.

Keep updating us with the latest news...

What Henri said. Good luck all. There's nothing worse than being beaten up by Mother Nature. Arr, she be a harsh mistress!

Reading the news and it said "An early sign that Sandy would not be a fizzer like last year's Irene came at high tide around 9am this morning" and trying to reconcile it with Jeff's post earlier on about how Irene damaged his business.

Winds are just starting with the worst for us happening later tonight through tomorrow.

As I say, rain has been going on and off (mostly on) since Friday night so I'm used to that. The anticipated high winds are not what I'm looking forward to when I wake up tomorrow and discover the cleanup and repairs I'll need to do.

I plan on practicing tonight until I lose power, if it doesn't happen beforehand.

Back