Can A Mediocre Cheese Be Used To Attract A Female Drummer?

Jon, you served up an amateur level offering without any culinary training (maybe the odd book or DVD) and I imagine you opted for personal expression and/or convenience over tried and true recipes handed down over generations ... and you expected popularity?

You already know the answer: if you'd ordered food from a professional you would have gotten the gig. Some may say it's clinical, but the results (or lack) speak for themselves! I think some nice northern Indian food would have done the trick ...

Many years ago, just as the Go-Gos were breaking, Gina Schock came over for a dinner date, and I served American cheese slices and Ritz crackers as a snack before dinner (I was in my spaghetti-making phase then.)

Anyway, I never saw her again. I can't help thinking a fancier cheese might have made a difference (it certainly wasn't the spaghetti, which was fabulous!)

Your thoughts?

you should ask her about things.

"American cheese" is our biggest embarrassment as a nation. It's quite likely the reason we don't get cheese hostesses here in the states like they apparently do elsewhere.

OMG I want to eat this thread, I'm so hungry, can someone please send me some food?

"American cheese" is our biggest embarrassment as a nation. It's quite likely the reason we don't get cheese hostesses here in the states like they apparently do elsewhere.

I agree with your American Cheese observation. All one has to do is go to Wal-Mart, where you can see all the Wal-Mart people, and it all starts making sense. This is America! WTF happened???...<<then the sad, stark reality of the movie Idiocracy uncomfortably settles in>>

I agree with your American Cheese observation. All one has to do is go to Wal-Mart, where you can see all the Wal-Mart people, and it all starts making sense. This is America! WTF happened???...<<then the sad, stark reality of the movie Idiocracy uncomfortably settles in>>

American Cheese can be bought in other places than Walmart. What does Walmart have to do with the quality of American Cheese? And Walmart people? Is this an insinuation that people who shop/work at Walmart are inferior somehow?

I do not create the culture. It lives and breathes on its own, sir.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

I fancy a trip to WalMart...my wife and I go all the time. I like to eat at the McDonalds in the WalMart at Orange Mall. I also like to buy american cheese there. I love a good american cheese. I'm cheesy.

I'm a walmart people, but I'm not offended by one pointing out that there is a walmart people; we get consumables we need there for cheap and snicker at those that require a more elegant shopping experience; their money stays in the store and ours goes in the bank :)

walmart people and proud lol

I fancy a trip to WalMart...my wife and I go all the time. I like to eat at the McDonalds in the WalMart at Orange Mall. I also like to buy american cheese there. I love a good american cheese. I'm cheesy.

I'm a walmart people, but I'm not offended by one pointing out that there is a walmart people; we get consumables we need there for cheap and snicker at those that require a more elegant shopping experience; their money stays in the store and ours goes in the bank :)

walmart people and proud lol

Well, I apologize for my Wal-Mart reference. I haven't been to that particular Wal-Mart, but I have been to a few here and there. It has been quite awhile since I've been to a Wal-Mart, but I guess that's because Target is closer to me. There are also political topics regarding Wal-Mart which I am not allowed to discuss in this forum.

What any of this has to do with American cheese or attractive female drummers, I have no idea.

Well, I apologize for my Wal-Mart reference. I haven't been to that particular Wal-Mart, but I have been to a few here and there. It has been quite awhile since I've been to a Wal-Mart, but I guess that's because Target is closer to me. There are also political topics regarding Wal-Mart which I am not allowed to discuss in this forum.

What any of this has to do with American cheese or attractive female drummers, I have no idea.

No apology needed for me (or my wife)...We don't derive our sense of worth from where we shop. We go where the price tells us to go for the stuff we need. Especially cheese!

What really bummed me out is when they got rid of the aquarium section!

lol

Although on rare occasions I do somehow end up at wal mart, each and every time I remark to myself afterward about how nasty that place and most of the people there are, and tell myself I'll not be going back as long as I can help it.

"American" cheese and the word "quality" don't belong in the same sentence. I suppose you could go for something like "high quality pasteurized, processed, cheese product"... But I think that's a little too real for most people. The FDA won't even legally allow them to call it "cheese".

I personally think cheese is the most lovely substance under the indirect sunlight. be it cheddar, Halloumi, Camembert, Brie and cream cheese. not a fan of smelly cheese though.

maybe you should've added a spot of wine along with the cheese, - you probably did that- some figs, ( those ones in the jar with the sticky sweet stuff) pesto and olives, and perhaps a wider variety of cheeses and biscuits all on an old wood board out in a meadow somewhere that - last bit is optional...

Many years ago, just as the Go-Gos were breaking, Gina Schock came over for a dinner date, and I served American cheese slices and Ritz crackers as a snack before dinner (I was in my spaghetti-making phase then.)

Anyway, I never saw her again. I can't help thinking a fancier cheese might have made a difference (it certainly wasn't the spaghetti, which was fabulous!)

Your thoughts?

The date seems well planned and should have worked as long as you had a cowbell. Chicks love cowbell.

Although on rare occasions I do somehow end up at wal mart, each and every time I remark to myself afterward about how nasty that place and most of the people there are, and tell myself I'll not be going back as long as I can help it.

"American" cheese and the word "quality" don't belong in the same sentence. I suppose you could go for something like "high quality pasteurized, processed, cheese product"... But I think that's a little too real for most people. The FDA won't even legally allow them to call it "cheese".

Truthfully,there is actual American chees,that isn't wrapped in plastic,and lasts for months in the frig.There are several companies,like Boars Head,in NY,that actually make REAL Amreican cheese,that tastes similar to a mild cheddar.

This Boars Head cheese,can only he purchased at a deli counter,where you can also buy fresh sliced cold cuts and prepared foods and sausage.

That type of cheese,is a real aged cheese,and will spoil is a very short period of time,and is NOT a cheese product,which is mostly,vegatable oil,and other ingreadients,that should NOT be consumed by humans

There are several cheese shops and specialty stores,where you can get fresh sliced,and never packaged fresh American cheese,that would have blown the door off of Gina Shock,and rang her culinary bell,and possibly sealed the deal with our own Bermuda.The history of drumming,would have been altered for ever.

So,please don't judge all American cheese by that artificial yellow crap,wrapped in plastic,that has a shelf life of years,not days

Ya live and ya learn.American cheese,it's what a good old fashion cheese burger has on it(I prefer provolone myself):):)

Steve B

Last edited:
Truthfully,there is actual American chees,that isn't wrapped in plastic,and lasts for months in the frig.There are several companies,like Boars Head,in NY,that actually make REAL Amreican cheese,that tastes similar to a mild cheddar.

This Boars Head cheese,can only he purchased at a deli counter,where you can also buy fresh sliced cold cuts and prepared foods and sausage.

That type of cheese,is a real aged cheese,and will spoil is a very short period of time,and is NOT a cheese product,which is mostly,vegatable oil,and other ingreadients,that should NOT be consumed by humans

There are several cheese shops and specialty stores,where you can get fresh sliced,and never packaged fresh American cheese,that would have blown the door off of Gina Shock,and rang her culinary bell,and possibly sealed the deal with our own Bermuda.The history of drumming,would have been altered for ever.

So,please don't judge all American cheese by that artificial yellow crap,wrapped in plastic,that has a shelf life of years,not days

Ya live and ya learn.American cheese,it's what a good old fashion cheese burger has on it(I prefer provolone myself):):)

Steve B

My roommate has a McDonald's double cheese burger (I think that's what it is) sitting on a small glass dessert tray under a small glass lid. It has been there for over three years and it still looks almost as fresh as the day it was made. I love this country!

Its all about the cheese man. That is my only thought.
I recall seeing the Go Go's at Toads Place in New Haven Ct in the 70's when they were just coming out. I liked the way that her thighs bounced as she played her pedals :)
The right cheese would have worked.
Hey, maybe you can still seduce Meg White?

Last edited:
Back