My favorite sticks

kzdruma said:
Best Sticks: Vater 7A Nylon

Definately, that's what I play now, although sometimes I want to look for something even a tiny bit lighter :)

Vic Firth 2B's wood tips, sometimes i'll use nylon for the extra ping sound on the ride.

I'd have to say either the Vic Firth Signature Series Thomas Lang sticks or the Kenny Aronoff one's. Heavy sticks that give you that much more power.

Right now, i use Vater Virgil Donati's assault model. Before that, i have used some Vic Firth Dave Weckl evolution but they are too lite for my taste. And, in the 80's, i have use Pro-Mark 747 model with nylon tips that they don't produce anymore i think.

Its a hard debate... Travis Barker Sig. or vic firth 8D Id have to go with the 8D. It just somthing about Vic Firth That makes sticks so warm and durable. And I also like the Vater Sugar Maple 7A. But the weird thing is... I play Mostly Rock. Well you heard my oppinion. People are so Oppinionated in this forum

I'm going to break away from hickory for a while.
I have some Promark Oak 5as...they feel great. I have dealt with Vic Firth 5As for years, but these are much better. Even better than the Zildjian sticks I happen to have. (have a pair of the Antivibe 5as mainly for my electronic kit and the dip sticks and some 5bs for general percussion use.)

In the future I will use oak or maple drum sticks. I still have the first pair of sticks I ever bought (8-9 years ago) a pair of Vic Firth SD1s. They are in great condition and still maintain the painted lettering. Something tells me they were made better then....

Oddly the only sticks I've ever had to break or crack (other than my marching sticks) are all hickory. Of course those were too. I've never seen a maple stick break or an oak one, so I'll be using those.

Anyone else like the other varieties of materials yet? I haven't been bold enough to try the plastic or 'carbon' ones or whatever. Too bad they don't have birch sticks...wonder why?
They have birch handled mallets....(better than that Rattan crap lol)

Zildjian Absolute Rock Hickory(my faves), Promark Hickory Rock Knockers, 5b Nonames Maple(light &loud), Vic Firth 7a Hickory

boring old me, i like the plain basic vic firth 5B's. i have become very accustomed to them.
i also have the pro mark hot rods (the original sized ones).
not sure who made my brushes, as it doesn't say on them. my drum teacher says thy are good ones, but there isn't any sign of a company on the sticks themselves.

I gotta go with Wegadrummer on this one - Vic Firth Boleros. I first discovered them when I was doing orchestral work since that's more or less what they're made for, but I just started using them on drum set. Thick so they fil out my also-small hands but incredibly lightweight and a great focused tip. Now if only maple didn't break so damn easy.....

Also I use Vater Fusion wood tips as my workhorse sticks (love the bead tip), and I got a couple pairs of the Gadd and Dennis Chambers signature sticks I'll use on occasion.

Drum Set - Vic Firth 5b
Marching Snare - Delucia
I can't play with a lighter stick due to my marching snare experience. It's hard to switch from Delucia's to anything smaller than 5b. Plus, I break sticks constantly. Sometimes the most expensive part of playing drums for me are the heads and sticks. I agree that Boleros are awesome orchestral sticks.

my favorite stcks are my 747 rock pro marks. not to light but not to heavy nylon tipped. also it has a sumo wrestler on it so i like that

Back