Show Off Your DW Kit

Here's an updated pic of my DW's. I ditched the tom clamps, purchased two DW9900 tom stands, and 3 puppy bones. This is the end result. :)

Now I just need to decide if I want to order a custom reso head for my kick...I've attached a potential design. Let me know your thoughts. :)

absolutely beautiful kit

I especially like the puppy bones on the tom arms.....very crafty to stack them

......but I would never want to gig with that beast

absolutely beautiful kit

I especially like the puppy bones on the tom arms.....very crafty to stack them

......but I would never want to gig with that beast

Thanks! I acutally don't mind gigging with it. It's loads of fun to play, and I like having a lot of options musically... ;)

A bump with some fresh outdoor pics.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3195.jpg

Beautiful kit, but man that looks like a long way from your rack tom to your floor tom.....

Yeah, I've since moved some things closer (including the right hand toms) and mounted some cymbals off of dogbones rather than having individual stands. It has cut down tremendously on the footprint.

Citrustrip was the key element!!! I actually tried a few things (I won't mention them here because I still want to slap myself in the face for doing it) but finally got pro advice from my friend who is a drum builder and refinisher)

You apply the Citrustrip, and wait about 15 minutes or so - then the glue literally rubs off with a cloth or towel, it's incredible how easy it comes off. After that, I barely sanded with a fine fine fine grit paper.

Fortunately I was quite lucky - the wood that drum companies typically select as a wrap candidate does not look very well underneath the wrap, but the drums looked excellent.

jpipdw - I'd like to remove the finishply on one of my dw snares. I'd rather look at wood grain than plastic anyday :) I have a few questions though...did you start by taking a knife at the finishply seam and slowly pry up the seam then apply citrustrip to help remove the finishply - or was the finishply fairly easy to remove by hand?

Hey, I'd already posted this in its own thread, but just in case you missed it...

DW Performance in White Ice
14x6.5
12x9
16x14
22x18

Someone mentioned in the other thread that my bass drum is full of blankets. Yeah I know.

Attachments

• DSCF0477.JPG
    DSCF0477.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 3,610
would my early camcos qualify for this thread, lol. you guys got some really sweet kits there. thanks for sharing.

Back