looping beats onstage?

briogio

I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I am a newbie so...I'm going to buy a Alesis DM10 X for playing onstage.
I want to lay down a beat/phrase, then sequence/loop it, to then play on top of it with the same kit, can I do that? or do I need to get a seperate sequencer/looper?
Lastly what is the difference, or is there a difference between a loop and a sequence?

I would read the manual.

A sequence is an act of replaying a loop which is a recorded sound.

You can't do that with the DM10, briogio. You'd need some kind of looper pedal, or a laptop.

is there a difference between a loop and a sequence?

In my terminology...

Sequence = sequence of notes, also called a "phrase"

A loop = a repetition of a sequence/phrase.

An SPD-SX is a high dollar Roland sequencer. Yamaha makes one as well as Alesis.

I'm sure there are other inexpensive ways to accomplish this in a basic way. You just need a method to record and trigger. I use the Roland unit because it's all in one package.

I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I am a newbie so...I'm going to buy a Alesis DM10 X for playing onstage.
I want to lay down a beat/phrase, then sequence/loop it, to then play on top of it with the same kit, can I do that?
The info. I just looked at, on line, states the DM10 http://alesis.com/dm10xkit has a built in sequencer. Now, how it works ..... and what's it's capacity ..... that I don't know. Probably a search on Youtube might get you some answers.​

Back