John Bonham

Re: Bonham on Bonham - a new book is coming.

Why does the cover of that book like like Ringo?

Will definitely get this. Bogey cover though.....they should have gone with something a bit more 'bonham-ish'.

johnbonham.jpg

Lambo said:
Will definitely get this. Bogey cover though.....they should have gone with something a bit more 'bonham-ish'.

johnbonham.jpg

Like the one of him drinking from the pint!

LG

just ordered it. looks awesome

its funny u metioned this becasue i was just watching Moby Dick at the Royal albert hall and as soon as its over you can see bonham reach for a glass of a dark brown liquid. It was either really dark beer or some jack and coke.

Bonham to the moon said:
just ordered it. looks awesome

its funny u metioned this becasue i was just watching Moby Dick at the Royal albert hall and as soon as its over you can see bonham reach for a glass of a dark brown liquid. It was either really dark beer or some jack and coke.

It was probably Apple Cider. ;)

NUTHA JASON said:
i've always thought they should write a script about john, with zep in the background...his tragedy combined with his huge personality and obviously awesome drumming would make a highly entertaining and moving screenplay. but who would they get to act as bonzo?

j

If I was to write a script about a dead member of one of the world's biggest rock and roll bands ever, I would probably want the blessing of the three remaining member's, and possibly want them involved. Honestly, by the way Jimmy, Jonesy, and Robert address the issue of John Bonham, it seems to be an incredibly sensitive subject. Personally, by the way the media treated John Bonham, his family, and the band when he died, I don't think there is the slightest chance there will ever be a movie based on John Bonham's life. I don't think the three of them would ever approve of such a movie, but not like it's thier choice, anyways, but if there is a right way to write a movie about him, it would have to involve at least Jimmy, but I don't think that would ever happen.

IMO...

looking at the jimi hendrix movie and the jim morrison movie i hope to god they dont make another rock 'n' roll music star movie.

LiveGoat said:

LG
Haha, yeah! That was the one I was actually thinking of, but didn't notice that B had moved it to the side of the page

johnbonham1.jpg

Probably my favourite picture of bonzo.

A treat for John Bonham fans

June 21st, 1977 is generally considered by Led Zeppelin fanatics and bootleg collectors as one of Led Zeppelin's all time best live performances. 1977 is generally known among LZ heavyweights as a very bland year. The band was just plain terrible [compared to earlier years, but no one knew that back then I would imagine]. John Paul Jones was the steady man, like always. Bonzo had his decent nights, but nothing compared to 1973 and before. Jimmy Page was a Heroin junkie, and Robert Plant basically just lost his voice. Now and again, the band would just....click, for lack of a better word. This night, in particular, is an absolute monster. Jimmy Page owns the Los Angelas Forum, Robert Plant sounds like 1972, and most, if not all LZ fans will declare this night Bonzo's greatest performance. What can I say about JPJ? He's the man.

Here is the opening number for direct download: The Song Remains the Same

Bonzo absolutely destroys this song into the ground. He comes out full blast, swinging for the fences. It's probably his single greatest live performance. It's like he was transformed back to 1968, when he had endless energy, and morphed into 1973, adding on the thunderous power. Too bad it was for only one night.

Re: A treat for John Bonham fans

Nothing compared to 73 and before?.....1975 was a year of awesome performances for Zep.

ClockworkOrange said:
Nothing compared to 73 and before?.....1975 was a year of awesome performances for Zep.

It sure was, but I didn't say anything otherwise. 1973 was infinitely better.

Only one person downloaded this so far? C'mon people, if you downloaded it, at least voice your opinion, good or bad.

Wow! That was was my first listen to bootleg Zep and I'm hooked. I've heard that Page has gone around aquiring all the bootlegs he comes across. What is he gonna do with em? Destroy them or release them? Anyway, thanks for the song!

--LG

I downloaded it and as usual a great “Rock and Roll” song played by a great band. In my opinion the only difference that existed in Zep 73 and Zep 77 is that in 77 they were all 4 years older, wiser and in my opinion 4 years better for having given me the last 4 years of rocking pleasure. Brother, when it comes to Zep there is no Good Times, Bad Times and for all the years of performances they shared with us all I can say is “Thank You” Led Zeppelin.

LiveGoat said:
Wow! That was was my first listen to bootleg Zep and I'm hooked. I've heard that Page has gone around aquiring all the bootlegs he comes across. What is he gonna do with em? Destroy them or release them? Anyway, thanks for the song!

--LG

Most of the 1973 soundboards were literally stolen from Jimmy Page's vault in his house by a disgruntled maid. He does collect bootlegs. This track can be heard on the DVD. I forget where, but it's on one of the menus. I forgot, this show, and recording is famous because of the taper. Mike "the Mike" Millard. His tapes sound better than official releases, IMO.

Got the book today. Won't be able to start reading it until I finish the book I'm reading now.

ya i used some christmas money and bought a bunch of used books off of amazon along with that book, got a few days ago and so far have only read about 15 pages, so far so good. its really cool to get a family members perspective.

Back