Won a Black Galaxy Acrolite on eBay today - $78

bakerboy

The guy had it listed as Ludwig LE-2472 and didn't even have the word "Acrolite" in the description. I stumbled on it just searching for "ludwig snare"

Anyway, I guess the LE-2472 was a more recent "student" kit that Ludwig sold. Comes with a soft case, stand, Acrolite snare (black galaxy finish), practice pad, etc.

Seeing as the snare alone, new, goes for ~$250ish....and this one is hardly used (according to the seller)...$78 is a pretty great deal, IMO. With shipping it was still under $100

Here are some of his pics from the eBay listing. I'll get better ones once I get it home....

!BN2t5t!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLlq68ZBJrvQH1-r!~~_1.JPG

ee24_1.JPG

5dea_1.JPG

0a27_1.JPG

!BN2skGg!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvS+VBJrvLHmNM!~~_1.JPG

Nice buy! I own one as well (black galaxy finish too) and I'm very happy with it. They sell for amazing prices on eBay all the time. It's an excellent snare for the price, reminds me very much of the supra 402.

Nice buy! I own one as well (black galaxy finish too) and I'm very happy with it. They sell for amazing prices on eBay all the time. It's an excellent snare for the price, reminds me very much of the supra 402.

I wouldn't go 402 comparo now, ...but 400, definately! And , you can't get "old" ones, but you can order a brand new 6.5x14 Acrolite (Black Galaxy) and it has 10 lugs ...talk about 402-like!! JEEEZ!!! For about 100+ less!

Supras and Acros = same shell

Great pic up! Awesome price for all of it too!
You'll really like it I'm sure.
I've always found the Acro to be a versatile drum, and not "student" sounding at all.

Have fun!!!

Sweet! I want one of those but they're hard to find used here in the netherlands. Plus I am not particularly rich at the moment.

Didn't know there was a club.... mine is grey can I still join ;)

Awesome find too btw

ACROLITE isn't determined by 'color' my friend! :) Mine is gray, and I'm in ...see my avatar photo....yup, that's my Aug 30 1966 Acro! :)

Back