Juju2fruit, from France !

Juju2fruit

Hi everyone!
I’m Julien, and I come from France; my nickname, « Juju2fruit » means « Fruit-juice » because in french we translate by « jus de fruit » 
Please excuse me for my mistakes! But I truly believe that I will improve my English (feel free to correct me ! I’ll appreciate)

I watch this forum for a few months; and today I decided to register because I want to discuss about drums with passionate people from the whole world! It’s exciting, very!

Just a few words about me; I started to play music at the age of 10, in 2003. My first instrument is drum, like this
Tambour_osvs.jpg
. I took part in some reconstructions of History (1st Napoleon period, in the 19th century); I learned many many rudiments (principally Flam’s technique and paradiddles). I spent years with my sticks, working fundamentals. Next, in 2006 I think, I started to play others percussive instruments (Vibes, Timpani, Drums, …) until 2011 ; then, I left all academic structure ton concentrate on drums, in autodidact. I played with some bands in various styles of music.

Honestly, I always consider myself as a beginner; because I am and because I will always be, compared to hugeness of the drum world.

My influences are extensive; I listen to lots of music styles. If I had to tell about my favorites drummers, I would name Gavin Harrison, Simon Phillips, Benny Greb, Mitch Michell, Steve Smith, Dave Weckl, Gene Krupa, Jeff Porcaro, Jojo Mayer, Manu Katché, Dave Grohl, Jimmy Chamberlin, Todd Sucherman, Buddy Rich, Steve Gadd, Akira Jimbo, Steve Jansen, Trè Cool, Jason Mcgeer, Bill Bruford, Orri Pall Dyrason, Mike Portnoy, Glenn Kotche, Will Calhoun, … and many more !

Each day I want to learn more and more about music!

What can I add ... Out of music, I love old video games ; there is a fun that not exist in most of current game. I also like present games ; I still love to play to Super Mario (from my birth-day, my parents had a Nintendo Entertainements System) alone, with my friends, or with my familly.

That's another thing I like in music ; the relationships. My father is a musician, he plays brass instruments. And I like sharing my passion with him and with my friends, musicians or not.

I will stop this text here ; I think I talk to much ! But I'm very happy to be here.

If you want, better than a noval, here is a video of myself playing.

Cheers !!!!

Juju2fruit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfveRUmDhUA

Back