Maple snare drums

Yamaha Steve Jordan's 13X6.5. Around $300 used on eBay. I love it , very sensitive snd awesome crack/pop/rimshot and only hear comments about it from non drummers.

I own, and love, in this order:

#1 7"x14" Noble and Cooley Natural Finish (owned since 1990)

#2 5"x14" Ludwig Classic Maple Oyster Black

#3 6.5x14 Pearl Fee Floating Maple Natural Finish

All of these are wonderful instruments and deserve a real good listening to. The Free Floater is very underrated and, is like a "poor man's DW EDGE" due to the meal bottom bearing edge on the frame, and the N&C is superb with Purecussion's EQ snares on it! I love the Ludwig for a nice high crack when metal is maybe too harsh, or loud. I suggest you try any, or, all of these!

Re: Maple snare drumso

You'll definitely need to sell your firstborn, but my Joyful Noise 6.5 x14 legacy solid shell maple drum sounds amazing. If you can get one, you won't be disappointed.

I have a maple stave snare that is 13 x 7 and needs a new home...PM me if youre interested.

F

I own four maple snare drums and the best of the four are the Yamaha Maple Absolute 14" x 5 1/2" and my Ludwig Classic Maple 14" x 5". Both very nice sounding and affordable. Check them out at your dealers.

Dennis

+1 on MCA. I have a 14x7, extremely versatile with regard to tuning range. Low and fat or high and poppy with awesome rim shots thanks to die cast hoops. Go used if possible- they're $500-600 new.

Back