Favorite Non-Drummer Musician??

Since the question was musician, not musicians, Amy Winehouse.

Dave Brubeck
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Steve Lukather
George Harrison
Chris Botti
Eric Clapton
Stevie Wonder
Dave Matthews
Herbie Hancock

Playing with any of these guys would be a dream.

monkpic1big.jpg

Very succinct :)

Chuck Schuldiner for favorite guitarist, Mike Patton for favorite vocalist, Billy Gould for favorite bass player, Tony Levin for favorite chapman stick player.

E....(real name Mark Oliver Everett) lead singer and multi-instrumentalist from the Eels. A total and complete musical god to me!

Ooops! Am I? :)

I was going to mention Yngwie Malmsteen but for some reason I crossed his name with Ritchie's.

You're getting old Ian .... you starting to have some memory loss... not a good sign ... ;-))

(look at post #14)

Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black

Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black
Rebbecca Black

Yep... You ARE the reason she's out there, without you we'll never knew her... ;-)

Jaco Pastorius. He's from my hometown. Every older drummer I know has a Jaco story. My keyboardist's dad studied with him. My uncles have seen him live, my boss met him backstage after a Weather Report show, my mom has seen him a few times. There's just so much about Jaco's playing and character (rowdy and drug influenced as it may be) are just something I love so much about him.

Jaco is the reason I'm starting to play bass now.

I'm surprised I only saw Frusciante, Mike Patton, and the Mars Volta guys on this list once (each in different replies, too)!

Here are mine:

Sade (and her band)
John Frusciante
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
Cedric Bixler-Zavala
Dustin Kensrue/Teppei Teranishi/Ed Breckenridge
All of Radiohead
this list could go on

Back