Phil Maturano here!

Phil,

Is there a phonetic type of reproduction akin to South Indian konnakol in the Afro- Cuban world? And if so can you describe it and tell us where to learn more about it? I am ashamed to say, I still ahven't picked it up; but it is in my wish list.

thanks,

Ken

Last edited:
Phil, man... I friggin hate you for that groove you've played today on the last song we've played. Check out Cliffs thread, I've just written to both of you guys in there.

Guys: Phil KICKS ASS!!! Whoaaaaaa....... Its friggin un-be-liev-able. It'll take me months to figure out why on earth it sounds so much better when you play the same notes that I play. Thats exactly the kind of nasty shit I was hoping for.

Greetings from all the other guys - they loved you. Its incredible that 3 hours of working can make such a huge difference.

Don't forget to send me some listening advice in all these styles (Kumbia or however you write that, HighLife, Samba...)
Lutz

Phil, man... I friggin hate you for that groove you've played today on the last song we've played. Check out Cliffs thread, I've just written to both of you guys in there.

Guys: Phil KICKS ASS!!! Whoaaaaaa....... Its friggin un-be-liev-able. It'll take me months to figure out why on earth it sounds so much better when you play the same notes that I play. Thats exactly the kind of nasty shit I was hoping for.

Greetings from all the other guys - they loved you. Its incredible that 3 hours of working can make such a huge difference.

Don't forget to send me some listening advice in all these styles (Kumbia or however you write that, HighLife, Samba...)
Lutz

Right n bratha-) I am glad you liked it. We had a fantastic run here in Germany where I am still at the moment. I thank you for all the kind words and send all my best.
PM

Hey guys, just wanted to post a note here to let you know i will be in London from the 5th of October to the 9th. I spilt back to NY on friday the 10th. I am doing a couple of Clinics that week and I got a few emails about private lessons. If any one would like to get together while I am out there please write to me at [email protected]

On the 7th I will be at ACM Guilford Music academy and on Thursday the 9th at Drumteck with the great percussionist Pete Lockett. Dont know if its open to the public but I can ask.
Hope to meet you UK Cats out there.
All the best
PM

Phil

Keep doin your thing, my man! Much love and rip it up out there..Tell the cats at Drumteck I look forward to seeing them in March..!

ACM, too, for that matter..(Although I just haven't reached out to them yet)..

See you soon.

Phil,

Como esta todo? Jesus from Venezuela here! Gozalo Suarez says hi! Let me know if you'll be comming to Latin America soon, I wish you could stop in Caracas and hang with us! All the best for you and keep inspiring!

Jesus

Hey bro! I am in Argentina, doing some producing and clinics , gigs etc. Here until febuary. Maybe we could hook something up.
Abrazos
PM

Maturanogreenmail.jpg

Hola, Phil.

Como estas hermano? En espera de tu visita a Venezuela, con los brazos abiertos!

Un abrazo,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello, Phil.

How are you brother? In await for you to visit Venezuela, our arms are kept open!

Cheers,

Hey Phil
Happy Holidays man...
I hope you are well. I was listening to "Changes" just the other day...
thanks for the inspiration.
If you are going to be at namm lemeno.
All the best
Frank

Hey Phil
Happy Holidays man...
I hope you are well. I was listening to "Changes" just the other day...
thanks for the inspiration.
If you are going to be at namm lemeno.
All the best
Frank

HI Frank!!! Well coming from you thats the best compliment a guy can have. I am in Argentina at the moment and send you giant hugs and look forward to seeing you again.
Love
PM

Argentinatourad.jpg

Hi guys, I will also be taking private students from February 1rst until the 17 when I split back to NY.

If you happen to be in Buenos Aires...I hope to see you!!
All the best
PM

We are still in the beginning stages. Will keep You up to date!!
How are you doing? Whats new?
Hugs
PM

Back