Your WORST Cracked Cymbal

dmb_drummer

Yes, I know, lame thread. I made it just for kicks.
But I was just curious about this subject. My Wuhan China was my worst cymbal that I've ever cracked. Lasted me for about 3 and a half years.Turns out to be the worst cracked cymbal I own too. As months went by, the crack just seemed to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. It became dangerous at times sending shrapnel and crap all over the place. I loved to incorprate my china into my playing, so I kept using it. I don't use it anymore, because now that I look at it, it was VERY bad looking.
POST YOUR WORST CRACKED CYMBAL IN THIS THREAD.
Here's some pics. Enjoy.
IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

How the hell were you capable of such cruelty?

Been drumming for many years, but never cracked a cymbal, and that's probably staying that way. Can't afford it.

How the hell were you capable of such cruelty?

Been drumming for many years, but never cracked a cymbal, and that's probably staying that way. Can't afford it.

Haha...Dude I'm not even a hard hitter. I was just going insane one day jammin' to my iPod. But yeah, I know what you mean. I respect my cymbals, and all my other gear. I treat my stuff like its worth a million dollars. The only exception is this cymbal :)

Alright ladies, calm down.
It's a Wuhan, so it was probably like $40 tops.
And he had a little fun, is it that big of a deal?
Last time I checked, Wuhans were pretty replaceable...

heres my wuhan after 3 years
MultimedMA22764873-0001.jpg

MultimedMA22764877-0002.jpg

MultimedMA22764878-0003.jpg

WOOOOOAAAAHHHHH...how big was that originally?

My worst cracked cymbal...but I didn't crack it, my marching band's pit did last year, because they were stupid (and poor) enough not to have any felt, screw, or anything. They simply let it lie on metal ring.

Pic0494.jpg

My Wuhan China was my worst cymbal that I've ever cracked.
IMG_1677.jpg

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS!
you really went crazy on that one didn't you!

aww, man, keep it in your set up a little longer, and you'll have your very own pac-man china!

;]

p1000852.jpg

It was a pretty good excuse to get a z custom 18" projection crash.

Also the thing about "you could have saved that" personally i tried to do that with my top hihat by drilling out the crack but it still kept cracking. And i managed to snap a new titanium HSS drill bit. If it's strong enough to do that why couldn't it stand up to a bit of playing?

The worst thing about this crack is that i can't make a bell out of it DAMN !

Attachments

• cymba;.jpg
    cymba;.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 3,140
Not mine. A picture I saved of an failed attempt to weld a cracked cymbal that caused a whole larger chunk of the cymbal to fly off in the process. No pretty. Lots of cymbal punsishment pictured so far on this thread...

Attachments

• HEAT001-1.jpg
    HEAT001-1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3,060
Can't say I have cracked one. I have a whuan that I buried, then my mom ran over it with a tracker. Not a crack on it, but being buried for several months made it look bad ass. It sounds about the same though.

Can't say I have cracked one. I have a whuan that I buried, then my mom ran over it with a tracker. Not a crack on it, but being buried for several months made it look bad ass. It sounds about the same though.
WHY???

Trying to plant a Wuhan Tree?

I have ly cracked one cymbal myself, Have recieved a few with slight cracks used befdore though. The one I cracked was about 20 years ago. A 16" Crash that had Ludwig and paiste stamped on it, took a pie shaped wedge right out of it.

Back