Your Favorite Alcohol High

Re: What is the your favorite alcohol high?

Jules, Jack Daniels is bourbon, no?

I'm told that if you refer to it as bourbon in Lynchburg, Tennessee.....you'll be hung, drawn and quartered for heresy. Apparently the purists have always defined it as a "Tennesse whiskey"

From Wiki: Although the product generally meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon

As an Aussie lad far removed from the deep south, who am I to argue, uncle? I just like getting pissed on the stuff!! :)

Re: What is the your favorite alcohol high?

I'm told that if you refer to it as bourbon in Lynchburg, Tennessee.....you'll be hung, drawn and quartered for heresy. Apparently the purists have always defined it as a "Tennesse whiskey"

From Wiki: Although the product generally meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon

As an Aussie lad far removed from the deep south, who am I to argue, uncle? I just like getting pissed on the stuff!! :)

Wise man. My family's from Tennessee. You're better off not messing with them, lol. Just drink the whiskey.

Not that I drink much at all anymore but when I do I like the good stuff like Chivas Regal 12, or preferably 18, had a shot of the 25 once, damn it was smooth. Just a nice relaxing buzz. I like beer also but drink the good stuff but it just makes me sleepy.

Last edited:
Jack daniels up or with coca cola

Coors light and any of the pretentious beers on earth.

I'm with ID and Scotty - scotch all the way. Swizzle and gargle a slug of rotgut before swallowing for best effect (when not in public, ahem). Magnificent! Good for gingivitis and mouth ulcers too.

Rum.

I love tequila, but it makes me sleepy. Overall, it reminds me too much of a close up of a floor.

Vodka makes me do things I don't recall, so my wife has declared I can't drink it. And just as well.

Rum. I can drink rum all night.

The wife will not allow me to drink anything stronger than beer or wine. I will binge drink any liquor I can get my hands on. The results are a blacked out evening and a worthless next two days. I never get sick though, must be my Polish genes.

That being said, we really don't drink that much at all. I may buy a six pack once a month at most. Gotta be a thick dark beer though, I don't like the watered down domestics.

Absinthe...nothing like the Green Faerie kicking you in the minerals a few times really hard to jumpstart an evening.

I drink Sierra Nevada Torpedos. It's pretty much the only beer I buy anymore unless I'm at a bar playing a gig, then I'll probably have a Newcastle or whatever IPA is on tap, if there is one on tap.

I drink bourbon too. Top shelf only: High West, Bulleit, Templeton. I like the rye whiskies too. You guys can have your Jack Daniels, if you want a good Tenessee whiskey try the Tenessee Jailers Whiskey.

I hardly even drink anymore, so when I do, I drink the good stuff.

Last edited:
I'm with ID and Scotty - scotch all the way. Swizzle and gargle a slug of rotgut before swallowing for best effect (when not in public, ahem). Magnificent! Good for gingivitis and mouth ulcers too.

I knew you were a woman of discerning taste, gargling notwithstanding.

Can't believe I'm the first person to come here and say that this idea that different liquors produce different highs is bulls***. I don't buy it. Alcohol is alcohol.

Okay, now that that's out of the way: I love good scotch. I prefer the Islay single malts.

I don't drink much, but there was a time when I used to drink every night.

A dark rum called Old Monk. Fabulous stuff, makes you a real pirate.

I don't drink much, but there was a time when I used to drink every night.

A dark rum called Old Monk. Fabulous stuff, makes you a real pirate.

That sounds like a good one. Had to Google it. It's a 7 year old dark Indian rum and it has a 5 star rating. I wonder if they have it at BevMo (a large liquor store chain).

On the rare occasions I do hard liquor, I find that rum makes me dull, tequila is interesting, bourbon is my favorite, Kamikazes are pretty cool and the rest I don't really know about. I like the beer high the best, but I don't like that you have to drink so much.

What's your favorite alcohol high and why?

Not a huge drinker but:

1) Jim Beam - when Im with old friends who want to pretend we're all 20 years old for one evening

2) Glenmorangie- When Im with some 'sophisticates' who might give me an opportunity to make some money.

3) The 3 Ms- ( Mohitos, Marinis, or Margueritas ) when Im out socializing with 'regular friends'.

4) Good Wine - When I'm out for dinner with my wife.

5) Beer- ( Amstel light, Corona ) - which I sip really slowly before and during a gig.

6) Will occassionaly burn some soothing herbs to relax the post gig adrenalin but I guess thats non alcholic. ( Never in the parking lot, though )

Definitely beer, preferably a great Belgium ale like Trappas or Gulden Draak but Miller will also do. Why? Because I'm a cheap date.......And beecusse it nun off yoooor darn busnus Mr......BAH!
Where's my cymbals????

Hmmm...honestly I would have to say whatever got me laid back in my younger days (their choice). When I lived in Europe for 3 years I preferred the good German beers...ahh the memories! When I visited London the local ales. When I visited France I took my own lol. And when I would go to the Costa Brava region of Spain refer back to my first statement. However a couple pitchers of Sangria found myself waking up on the beach at 4 in the morning ;-)

Steve

I'm in the same page. I prefer the state that beer puts me in, but I have to drink so much that I just feel full before I ever really feel enough of the effects.

I normally drink Whiskey. Sometimes I drink Everclear, 190 proof. It's crazy, in that I'll drink a good amount in a short period, and I'll be wasted for like 30 minutes. Then it just feels like I'm sober again. A friend of mine had the same experience with it.

I used to love Tanqueray & tonic. Now I can only take one or two a year.

I love beer - preferably small micro's and am generally always open to trying new ones. Beer fills me up fast so not much more than 2 or 3 bottles / drafts for me.

Definitely beer, and I don't mind drinking a lot of it. The stuff is delicious

I really enjoy dry vodka drinks, like vodka/tonic, vodke/soda, etc, but I can't tolerate the morning after anymore.

I used to be a red wine guy as well. But I've grown out of it honestly. I feel hungover after one glass.. even when I drink the good stuff.

For me, it has to be beer................even though after two or three, I have a pretty good buzz............cheap date

Whenever I drank hard liquor, it always ended up bad..............after some shots, I don't have any idea what I'm doing and can't remember a thing. No more hard stuff for me

Back