Ear Monitors, first time buying a pair

Hey guys, so I need help buying some in ear monitors.

My band has been playing more shows, and I really don't like to use ear plugs because I can't hear my band as good, but I wear them in the meantime to prevent hearing damage.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

^^^ this. The Shure pack is so easy to use, it should be mandatory for stage use.

F

Logitech's Ultimate Ears are the best I've ever tried. The 350 are good enough for me playing live. I just have a little Behringer mixer, plug in the sound to that instead of the monitor behind the drummer, and go!

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue

I'll second the Ultimate Ears!!
I have been playing with them for over 5 years now, I own two pair of the universal fit, Super fi 5 Pros, and just stepped up to a set of Custom Mold UE4's (same as the super fi 5, but in a custom mold). They are MAGIC!!!!

I run a monitor feed of the live band, and my click into a small mixer, and run that to my ears. Or when playing with backing tracks, the tracks run through the mixer so I get the click and tracks, and can control the levels of each for myself.

I run a monitor feed of the live band, and my click into a small mixer, and run that to my ears. Or when playing with backing tracks, the tracks run through the mixer so I get the click and tracks, and can control the levels of each for myself.

With a P4HW you have a built in limiter, eq and mixer all in one unit right on your hip so you can makes changes mid song if need be without having to deal with a small mixer and wiring. Its plug it in clip it to your belt loop and your done.

I've tried (and own) all of the brands. A lot of them sound really good until you get to A/B them. The best low end I've ever heard is with the brand I now endorse, Future Sonics.

They're mini speakers and have feel so you you don't have to crank them as hard when the stage volume starts to eat up bass response. I don't even use a shaker with them anymore. You feel it.

Amazing service, too. Call up Dave. For the SOUND, the price, and the killer staff, it's all I use. Custom MG6 and Atrio backups (which basically live as my iPhone buds).

You have to like the sound of whatever you get so I highly recommend listening to as many as possible (most have generics) with your own track or something you really know the sound of.

Hit me up if I can help with info. Just don't settle. Listen to them all first.

d

I've tried (and own) all of the brands. A lot of them sound really good until you get to A/B them. The best low end I've ever heard is with the brand I now endorse, Future Sonics.

They're mini speakers and have feel so you you don't have to crank them as hard when the stage volume starts to eat up bass response. I don't even use a shaker with them anymore. You feel it.

Amazing service, too. Call up Dave. For the SOUND, the price, and the killer staff, it's all I use. Custom MG6 and Atrio backups (which basically live as my iPhone buds).

You have to like the sound of whatever you get so I highly recommend listening to as many as possible (most have generics) with your own track or something you really know the sound of.

Hit me up if I can help with info. Just don't settle. Listen to them all first.

d

Yeh but I found the difference between the sound quality doesnt justify $750 for the mg5 or mg6 for $900 when you can get decent quality from the the 215 Shures for $100 or almost as good quality with the 535 for $400. You can get the 535 and a p4hw complete system for the price of just the mg5 and even with using the lower priced 215's you can pick an eq setting on the p4hw to boost the lows if needed. But dont get me wrong if you got that kind of cash to toss on just a set of ear buds then by all means.

Back