My NEW Ludwig Gold Glass Glitter Classic Maples

Mike,

It is time for you to redo your signature block photo--you are wearing DW gear in the picture!! You are now a Ludwig man!!!

Mike,

It is time for you to redo your signature block photo--you are wearing DW gear in the picture!! You are now a Ludwig man!!!

Yes, you are correct. Will change it SOON!!!

Congrats! Amazing kit you own.

I can imagine Bellson and Bonham looking down smiling with approval.

That kit is AMAZING. Great purchase!
I've also dealt with Shane at the Drum Center of Portsmouth, NH. There is nobody better to deal with (especially for high end gear) anywhere.

That kit is AMAZING. Great purchase!
I've also dealt with Shane at the Drum Center of Portsmouth, NH. There is nobody better to deal with (especially for high end gear) anywhere.

Yes, Shane was amazing.

Great attitude, great pricing, great customer service.

What more can you ask for.

That is one sweet looking kit! I'm normally not a big fan of glitter, but this set gets away with it. Beautiful!

I'm just curious, what did you use to check the bearing edges with to see if they were out?

Excellent, Mike. Enjoy them.

I grabbed my new Ludwigs over the summer.
Natural maple with the 100th anniversary badges too.

I saw them on Pearl's Forum. I love them! Ludwig is making a GREAT comeback.

My drums are for the most part flawless! The rest of my drum heads come in tomorrow!!!!

I refuse to play them wih the stock Luddies!

I cannot wait to get the beast up and running!!!!

Aren't the 100 ann badge great? I just bought a 100 ann LM402 Supra last week.

I am a very lucky guy!!!

Hello,

After seeing the Ludwig booth from NAMM, I KNEW that I needed my own GOLD GLASS GLITTER LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLE kit.

My wife was gracious enough to allow me to purchase the kit. I bought the kit from Shane Kinney at Drum Center of NH. What a GREAT guy. I cannot recommend him enough. He took VERY good care of me. Thanks again Shane.

I was hoping I would get away with using stock heads, but that just isn't going to work. I am going to have to buy new heads all around the kit. I do not understand WHY you buy a really nice kit, Ludwig puts POS heads on them. That is a bit frustrating.

Here are the specs of the drums I purchased.

16 x 26 bass drum
18 x 24 bass drum (for when I want a small kick)
16 x 18 floor tom
16 x 16 floor tom
10 x 14 rack tom
8 x 12 rack tom
6.5 x 14 Black Beauty Snare
6.5 x 14 LM402 Snare (Thanks Vinnie! - Not shown in pics as it is on a UPS truck)

All drums minus the black beauty have the 100 Anniversary Badge!

It took about 10 weeks for the kit to be built.

I have inspected all drums except for the 24 BD and the 16 FT. All bearing edges and hardware are CLEAN!!!! All drums I have checked are 'in round' except the 26 bass drum is a bit less than a 16th of an inch off. Very minor.

I will inspect the 24 and 16 tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

Damn Mikei,
you're running a close second behind Karl Crafton for the nicest Luddies on DW.

Very nice & impressive,
Bonzolead

Damn Mikei,
you're running a close second behind Karl Crafton for the nicest Luddies on DW.

Very nice & impressive,
Bonzolead
Thank you so much!!! You made my day!

I take that as a HUGE compliment as there are so many NICE Luds on this site.

I will be the first to admit that Mr. Crafton has THE best Ludwig kit(s) I have ever seen.

Karl has been kind enough to take me under his wing and show me the ropes.

Karl is the YODA of Ludwig drums. All knowing, all powerful!

Karl actually recommended the Gold to me. So, he should get SOME credit!

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!! You made my day!

I take that as a HUGE compliment as there are so many NICE Luds on this site.

I will be the first to admit that Mr. Crafton has THE best Ludwig kit(s) I have ever seen.

Karl has been kind enough to take me under his wing and show me the ropes.

Karl is the YODA of Ludwig drums. All knowing, all powerful!

Karl actually recommended the Gold to me. So, he should get SOME credit!
all right,all right Karl you Rule.

Bonzolead

Beautiful kits in this thread! Gold glass, silver glass, champaign sparkle - man, makes my jaw drop! My CMs were made in June 2006 just as the Mod Orange reissue run was terminating. I had to have a set of the Mods. My previous set was a 1969 Hollywood in Black Oyster (a gift from my parents in 1969), so I've tended to go with the oyster style patterns all these years. The only sparkle drums I had were a Jap kit in 1967 and a Ludwig marching snare, both in red sparkle. But the first kit I ever saw in a music store as a kid in the '60's was gold sparkle and I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. If I ever get another kit, or tire of the Mod Orange and decide to re-wrap, it will still be Ludwig and it will be Gold Glass Glitter.

Attachments

• HPIM1477[4]crop.JPG
    HPIM1477[4]crop.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 4,399
Very nice kit, I love the finish. It almost looks orange, but has the class of gold sparkle. Very cool. Congrats and have a blast playing those bad boys!!

Back