Show us yr siderack/monitoring

Hi to all,
Serious monitoring is a key for a good performance. How do You have setup yr monitoring?
Show us yr system....

To start with, here is mine:
Each of my drum MICS goes through 12 PALM splitters where each signal is routed to the FOH desk and to my MIXWIZARD Mixer for my own drum monitor sound. From the FOH desk I ONLY get one channel with all other instruments.

Click is sent to channel 15/16 from either the ZOOM 323 or TAMA rythm watch.

MAIN L/R from the MIXWIZARD feds my Inear amp into my sure IE5's.

greetings
Serge

Attachments

• newrack epinart07.JPG
    newrack epinart07.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 846
Nice setup!

At the moment I don't have much in the way of monitoring. However, I have a Roland SPD-S which we use to trigger sequences and samples, and that runs into my in-ears. At the moment I put the in-ears in whenever we play songs that require click tracks, but I'd love to get a small mixer back there so that I can run my monitor mix into my in-ears instead of having a huge speaker right next to me destroying my ears.

Are those the Shure SCL2 in-ear monitors? How do you like them? Do they stay put when you move your head around or bob your head to the music?

Nice setup man!

I use a similar setup, but I don't use a big desk to get all my drumsounds. Just a small 4-channel mixer (FOH Channel for monitoring, Click, Keys -> to get all the loops we use on stage directly, and one channel for whatever seems necessary) and a headphone pre-amp.

The general problem is that I don't like headphone / in-ear monitoring because I feel it isolates me on stage too much. Also, I always think it lacks bass (has anyone ever tried these bass-shakers that you can mount on your throne?) which is why I end up using a drumfill almost every time on stage....

Maybe your setup just works better than mine or maybe you just know how to use it better than I do... :)

Anyway, great setup and it's nice to see that these things do work.

Hi Rick
It works perfectlyfor me.
Bass is of course not as punchy as with huge sidefill's. Never tried the shaker...
but with a good balance and good ear plugs you can have a decent result and you always have the same sound of yr set

greetings
Serge

Hi there
That's why I switched now a few years ago to my own independant sys. First the Singer gets the best Monitor, then maybe those singing b-voc, the guitar player of course needs to hear him self ... and finally the drummer get's the worst speaker and often needs to share an AUX with the Bass player ... ! ;)

Aditionally if y need to play with click y need to have a reliable way to work with this add on "musician"

S

Dear all,
small update on my RACK
I use now the Porter&Davis BC GIGSTER .... what a joy
greetings
Serge

Attachments

• porter&davis.JPG
    porter&davis.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 253
Back