Choice, music you hate, or no music at all

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Survey question: OK you're stuck on a desert island. You can either listen to music you just detest, or none at all, that's your choices. You don't have to listen 24/7, just anytime you would normally listen to music. So what's your choice?
I can't tell you mine, I'm the surveyor not the surveyee.

Either one's fine for me. There's good things to be found in each one.

I find it harder and harder to hate music, these days. Likewise silence.

I would have the music, you can always find something good in the bad.

Personally. I hate silance, will always have the radio or tele on when reading a book, as back ground noise.

Let 'er rip! I'd rather have music than nothing at all. I don't care if it's down 'n out, tears in my beer, stumpjumper country. I'd find value in it if I had to.

I'm one of those people that will take any radio station available, when traveling out in the middle of nowhere, over silence.

Hmmm.....stuck on an island, for the rest of my life.....with the bloody Human League!?!?!?!?

Ah, I'll take none thanks.....and you won't have to ask twice! Even my voice is preferable to me than the cringeworthy, droning horror that was early 80's "New Wave'.

I'm with Aydee on this one.

Last edited:
This is a bit like asking if you'd rather be single or married to the wrong person. Most people will tell you that being single is far better.

Of course, it wouldn't matter once the batteries in your Walkman ran out but I'd still rather have the disc because you could could use it as a reflector to catch the attention of a passing ship or plane ... but if there was no hope of rescue a copy of Tony Orlando and Dawn's Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree would made a decent frisbee to help while away the hours.

I definitely wouldn't listen to music I detest under any circumstances.

Stuck on an island and all there is to listen to is "Achey Breaky Heart" or "Don't Stop Believing?" I might play music like that to keep the predators away, if I ever played it at all.

A lot of songs and genres that I usually hate tend to grow on me for some reason. And I'd hate to live on an island especially with out music. So bad music for me.

There's some music i really can't stand listening to. Lots of pop music today is horrendous. No music at all for me

This is an interesting question! Well, I often find that that one song on an album that didn't click with me at first, that I thought sounded bad and skipped, becomes my favorite song period for a while after giving it a second (often more) chance, so I'm sure that some music I find to be bleh could grow on me.
Chances are though, especially if it's hip-pop-dance-autotune-love song-hop I'd get more and more annoyed the more I heard it, so I may just go with nothing. I usually like to sing when I'm all alone anyways, so that may be my alternative. Plus, the ocean sounds nice, and when you say desert island, I'm assuming you mean a moderately large sized island with trees and stuff as opposed to the tiny island with one tree on it like in cartoons, so like BassDriver, I'd probably make my own instruments.

I would choose music any day. Yes there are many bad songs out there, but I can always find a line or two in a song that will remind of me someone or something that I love. So to be stuck on a desert island on my own, with thought's of the one's I love inside my head, is a good thing as far as I'm concerned..

I'll take "no music" for most of the same reasons already offered, but Pollyanna's marriage analogy made me laugh out loud. That's a classic.

I'd pick no music, there's a rather large catelogue in my head I can listen to anytime I get the urge.

I rather the sea breeze blowing than mosquitoes buzzing, nagging around!!!

No music. We drummers have it made. We could just find a couple sticks and start finding stuff to drum on: old hollowed out logs, etc.

Back